Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· 14k+ posts and not one helpful
14,358 Posts
Great read! Thanks for sharing! It still blows my mind that the rider aids on the R1 are "very close to what the M1 is currently using"

· kickin' at the darkness
10,318 Posts
see, call me crazy but when it comes to the design and execution of this particular iteration of the YZF-R1, i do wanna go right to the source.... it was a combined and competitive
effort put forth and as far as i'm concerned if he was able to win over the big heads at Yamaha corp, the dude must have done something right.. :dunno

How involved was the MotoGP team in the R1's development?
"We have an internal system at Yamaha where engineers move between projects to challenge themselves. Two of the R1's engineers worked for three years on the YZR-M1 MotoGP project, mainly on the chassis side of the bike's development."

interesting, yah could say some of us called that one... 2013's chassis is as practical a prototype for the new bike as we would hope :yesnod

· Premium Member
47,477 Posts
That engineer/design guy from Yamaha better hope Goatse doesn't hear this, he'll straighten him out in short order about how "motoGP" technology on a street bike is marketing hype. :lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.