Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
11,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's moved passed protests. This is not looking good. If president Trump deploys the military it will get bad. Us veterans and active duty knows what will happen if the cops don't start enforcing the laws and arresting all these looters. You don't ever want US troops deployed on our own soil. Cops are trained to enforce laws and work with people. Soldiers are trained to kill the enemy. You put boots on the ground in the continental USA and the citizens become the enemy.

·
Plastic surgery pending
5,545 Posts
Important to keep in mind that there are still many peaceful protestors out there. There's an event planned here Friday. My city's downtown is virtually 100% small business. No prior demonstrations have ever been an issue, and Friday's organizers are stressing peaceful protest. Hopefully no one shows up on their own to try and stir shit up.

·
Registered
2017 R1M
543 Posts
Near my shop in Hollywood has been straight insane. Seeing my shop at risk and friends shops at risk is stressful.
Imo this protest has become the spark that ignites the lawlessness . How the f can 500 people walk down the middle of the street and that’s ok?

·
11,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They had a parade of protestor down by the job site we were working at today. They were shouting "no justice no peace" so all of the guys on the site got on the roof with me and were shouting "show us your tits!!"

Reactions: Jimmy boy

·
Plastic surgery pending
5,545 Posts
Near my shop in Hollywood has been straight insane. Seeing my shop at risk and friends shops at risk is stressful.
Imo this protest has become the spark that ignites the lawlessness . How the f can 500 people walk down the middle of the street and that’s ok?
It's a moment to make some level of distinction for sure. I don't want to see local neighborhood shops get destroyed. This has been my absolute belief for several years. I've studied a variety of political movements, and as it turns out, the fringes seek to dominate despite varying interests, goals, and beliefs.

But that's about it. I'm a somewhat permanent student. I had to figure out most racial slurs on my own, because as a kid I had no idea. Some parts of me long for that time when my best friend was black, and I had about precisely zero idea about outside opinions. Sadly he moved away with family. We all go different ways.

So now it can feel strange for me to grow up in a world where I readily accept minorities, as my parents and their peers have all manner of reservations. Who doesn't love a minority who plays by the rules, right? I can't actually remember the first time a relative recalled "someone" "black" doing "something". But, they sure as shit noticed.

·
I miss my R1
3,293 Posts
If they are peacefully protesting, 5,000 or 5,000,000 (unlikely I know) can walk down the middle of the street, according to your constitution. The problem is some people will use the cover of a protest to loot and pillage and then use that same protest as cover to get away while the protestors get arrested (or worse) by the cops.

·
Large Marge sent me
4,056 Posts
Cops kneel with protestors: keeps job.
Greg Anderson criticizes unconstitutional lockdown orders: loses job.

Remember all the riots and lootings over the deaths of Justine Damond and Tony Timpa? I don't.

·
Large Marge sent me
4,056 Posts
That's exactly my point. There shouldn't be any protests for George Floyd either. Certainly no riots and looting, and certainly not because of any perceived racism by the police.

1 - 20 of 129 Posts