Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! I accidentally ripped the wires out of my tail light connector.

I feel like I can't be the first one to do this, so I did a quick search and found you can pop out the pins with a terminal tool. I was thinking of getting this:
https://www.amazon.com/Lisle-56500-Terminal-Tool/dp/B0009OR906

Has anyone had any luck using this tool?

I'm hoping to pop out the pins and recrimp(or solder) the wires.

Should I just order a new oem connector? I can't seem to find a part number for it.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
kickin' at the darkness
9,994 Posts
never messed around with those.. but yes i've dealt with this at work. its a PITA.

and there is no real 'help' to be found really as you'll find you're one of the only one to have done this on your bike :lol

wish i had better news, i dont think you will find ONE member who's actually used that tool.

is it possible? probably.. would i want to fvck with it? no thanks, good luck :hammer:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
never messed around with those.. but yes i've dealt with this at work. its a PITA.

and there is no real 'help' to be found really as you'll find you're one of the only one to have done this on your bike :lol

wish i had better news, i dont think you will find ONE member who's actually used that tool.

is it possible? probably.. would i want to fvck with it? no thanks, good luck :hammer:
Yea I don't feel too smuckin fart today. I just reached out to CustomLED to see if they'd send me a new connector and luckily they're sending one free of charge. I'm just gonna splice the new plug in and chalk this up to a learning experience.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can use the Second or third smallest allen key to push them out from the other side.

Sent from my SM-A305F using Tapatalk
Thanks for the suggestion! I'm getting a new connector from CustomLED, but I'm gonna give that a try on the broken plug as practice in case I make the same mistake again.

·
kickin' at the darkness
9,994 Posts
cant hurt to learn if you can :dunno

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
bacchus40
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing