Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· A New Breed
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a few pics of the new girder going on my '05. This is the first sportbike application for this front end and we found a few issues. One very large one...with the lack of rake in the neck you cannot achieve desireable trail numbers with this setup. So phase II will be building arc'd legs in order to bring the axle center closer to the motor. The rake will be increased as well. So the final set-up will look much different than this.

· Booya
34,924 Posts
Jesus...that thing is huge!

· Premium Member
34,589 Posts
That's some WILD fabrication... I'm buidling a wicked show bike I wish something crazy for the front end would fit into the stock bodywork :fact

Great SKILLS! :fact

· Forum Moderator
32,955 Posts
Nice work!!

· A New Breed
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
That's some WILD fabrication... I'm buidling a wicked show bike I wish something crazy for the front end would fit into the stock bodywork :fact

Great SKILLS! :fact
Well Spidey, Shannon (the owner of RMD and my brother) and I have spoke several times about the possibility of collarborating on a project with you guys. RMD for the last 10 years has primarily dealt only in the HD and custom chopper aftermarket world but would like to start getting more involved in the sportbike arena. Hence the new 17" wheels they are starting to produce. This front end was originally designed by Leo DiOrio, a well known designer deep inside the custom bike underworld and was used on Roger Goldhammer's salt bike in Bonneville last year. As stated above, the final version of this application will look somewhat different with arc'd legs (machined billet), slightly greater rake and anodized finishes. Have a look around www.rmdbillet.com and check out their work.

· Save the Wrld from bad design
469 Posts
Gents,

That is unbelievably HOT.. WOW.. You should work with Greggs Customs to build a trellis frame and use their swingarm.. That would look insane with your frontend.. AMAZING.

· Save the Wrld from bad design
469 Posts
How about some aluminum or plastic air induction ports... I have a carbon endurance tank you could put on there that would pop..

· A New Breed
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

· A New Breed
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How about some aluminum or plastic air induction ports... I have a carbon endurance tank you could put on there that would pop..
I agree that I need to do some work on the induction tubes...just haven't been concentrating any effort there yet. Let's see some pics of this tank you speak of...I may be interested in using it on my "other" project. Is it a direct replacement of the OEM tank?

· Premium Member
47,477 Posts
Can you unbolt the "A-arm" (whatever they are called) and shock assembly from their pivot points, turn it upside down and re-mount it? The lower arm appears to be shorter than the upper, which would give you more rake if it was mounted at the top, with the longer one on the bottom. It looks like the "forks" would be able to mount back up as they appear to use the same mounts for upper and lower.

· A New Breed
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Can you unbolt the "A-arm" (whatever they are called) and shock assembly from their pivot points, turn it upside down and re-mount it? The lower arm appears to be shorter than the upper, which would give you more rake if it was mounted at the top, with the longer one on the bottom. It looks like the "forks" would be able to mount back up as they appear to use the same mounts for upper and lower.
Don't try to figure it out brainiac. If your problem solving skills are as abundant as your memory is long you don't have a chance. On the other hand I have an extremely long memory. Especially when it comes to those who abuse power. KWAC - stay outta my threads.

Maybe this will refresh your memory...

· Premium Member
47,477 Posts
Don't try to figure it out brainiac. If your problem solving skills are as abundant as your memory is long you don't have a chance. On the other hand I have an extremely long memory. Especially when it comes to those who abuse power. KWAC - stay outta my threads.

HAHA! You making an idiot of yourself concerning a willingness to run red lights with no concern, then posting and bragging about it, hardly lands you in the cerebral category, genius. All of the fallout from that lands squarely on your shoulders, and is no "abuse of power". ....and how did you know I liked Johnny Cash. :2bitchsla

· Booya
34,924 Posts

Wow...and the thread takes a turn.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.