Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
So, you think your'e fast? Not
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BTW I was down at the rock store finally and I don't envy you guys in South Cali.

The roads around the rock store are frightfully dangerous. I ended up going with a friend of mine who ironically had a friend killed about six months ago on those roads. He crashed an RC51. My understanding was that he was with some buddies, howling up to a corner that was cut through the rock. He down shifted the RC51 and it caught a false neutral, when he finally caught a gear, it was to low, skidded the rear wheel and by the time he corrected its game over.

If you haven't ridden Hwy 1, Hwy 41, Hwy 58, HWY 46, etc., etc., you don't know what you are missing. Miles of open twisties, little or do CHP.

·
Action figure sold separately
12,225 Posts
Critical FIY for anyone who may not know this:

You always UPSHIFT with any false neutral. NEVER downshift.

·
Eccentric
416 Posts
bah if you're talkin about mulholland...OF COURSE, it's not a canyon ride.

To get into some twisties you'll have to try decker, Muholland near the PCH, Latigo or Stunt/Piuma. You were likely on the wrong roads to give you that impression.

-Ides

·
Become one with THE ONE.
597 Posts
Too many driveways to be safe, not even Stunt or latigo. I used to love latigo and stunt back in the mid 80s.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Jimbo,

With all due respect, the roads up to The Rock Store are "frightfully dangerous" because a buddy was "howling" up the road and had a mishap (or focked up)? Gee, under those circumstances, any road, starting with your driveway, could be "frightfully dangerous."

The roads up to The Rock Store are a pleasant pussy run or a kill thrill. Depends on how you choose to ride 'em, no?

Mark "Pussy No Kill" 618

·
ShInYSiDe <VS> RuBBeRSiDe
1,334 Posts
Why Shift in the middle of a corner anyway?

Ya gotta really be gettin on er' to be needing power that badly that you have to SHIFT coming out of the APEX.. NEVERMIND THE MIDDLE... WTF?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts