Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Illuminati
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rode 30 mins to my job this morning and damn near froze my ass off. It was great! Supposed to warm up to about 60 today though.:)

· Illuminati
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what happend to the engine swedie?

· street-dirt-snow
140 Posts
i rode today also..(sorry swedie)..:)
it is about 32 here...but my ride isnt as long ...about 15 min...i wasnt cold..found some warm spots to put my legs on at stoplights...must be those new smaller fairings...hahaha
i wanted to just keep on going..
so my VP told me that i could park under this overhang
outside my building...ya...for a $40 parking ticket...sure the parkings fine...not an hour and i got a ticket....
oh well...what are ya gonna do?
cant wait till works over!!!!
gonna pic up my buddies gixxer 6 from the shop
and beat the piss out of it:lol
have a good one all

· you can't have my last beer
3,583 Posts
I rode to work today. It was like in the upper 40's here. Not bad at all for a commute.

Am I evil for doing wheelies on my commute to work? Normally they are just little power wheelies when I take off in first, but I couldn't resist today and brought it all the way up then shifted to 2nd and rode it out to about 9 grand or so. Nothing too impressive, but they sure are fun. I take a little shortcut that puts me on an access road to bust a u-turn to get on the highway. There is never traffic on the access road, so I don't feel like it's dangerous, other than the usual pitfalls of being on one wheel I guess.

· I roll and smoke my R1
706 Posts
35F and light snow didn't stop me today. I left with 320 miles on the odom., so my goal was to get to 350 before I came home. Then, I decided to take the long way home so I moved my goal up to 375. Got there but froze my ass off:eek: I can't wait to break this thing in:cryin

· Evil Inside
147 Posts
Damn this Ohio weather sucks. I have a whopping 25 miles on my bike that I picked up Monday. Today's Hi is suppose to be 40! :mad: but tomorrow is suppose to be low 50's so no matter what I am going to put on as many miles as I can.

· Action figure sold separately
12,868 Posts
ricardo said:

Why dont you guys get heat vests? The plug for the vest is always out of sight.
You mean like this?

Hard to see in the pic, but the BMW outlet is in front of the seat lock, and has the hinged outlet cover closed. I have never seen another R1 with one of these installed before mine. I put a BMW plug on a Battery Tender, makes it very easy to plug it in when the bike will sit a while, like
THAT'S ever going to happen :)

Attachments

· Ride safe boys.
1,845 Posts
Well Montana is getting warmer! :rock Although i was a little worried when it snowed three inches on Monday. By Thursday it was mid fifties again!! Woohoo!! 175 miles so far :cryin All the good canyon roads have snow and ice on them, it is tough putting a lot of miles when driving 30mph around town.

As for the heat vests, I haven't done that yet, but I am going to get hand warmers. A couple of my friends put those on right away. They work awesome, keep your hands warm on those cold days. :thumbup

One final note, riding around with a cast on sucks! When it is cold I have to put my hand by the headers to keep it warm. :lol Left hand though, just the clutch, leaves the right with plenty to play with!! (With the throttle you sickos! :no )

· i read your email.
2,903 Posts
I was out all week. It was no warmer than 45-50 and man today is not looking to great either. I dont plan on doing anymore intown riding for a week or two..if you know what I mean(1080) So Im chilling (no pun intended). Now..time to go play some mini put put. I hooked!!!! Laters:hellobye

· Evil Inside
147 Posts
Cold or not I had to get out today. Managed to get about 75 miles in so I am happy. I love the bike more than ever now. I was worred that I would not be comfortable for longer rides and I couldn't be more wrong. Hi today was about 41 but tomorrow is going to be 53-54 so I will be out and about again!

:rock

· I roll and smoke my R1
706 Posts
Sorry to the unfortunite, but it's gonna be near 60 here tomorrow:D I'm going out early (when NOBODY's out) and hitting my faav route. Then I'll stop home to finally add some goodies. After that it' s a must I test out the goodies for the rest of the night! Look for pics tomorrow night

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.