Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
the lesser of 2 weavels
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just had a thought, wonder if valentino's bike will have a different paint job at valencia:dunno title is wrapped up, its also yamahas 50th anniversary, he's done it before. what you all think, any suggestions.

·
we meat again
18,549 Posts
I was surprised that he didn't have a special paint scheme last year at Valencia... so I donno if he will have one this year... would be cool if he does... :yesnod

·
Mr. GP
37 Posts
I remember reading somewhere that Atlidas had a contract to have their sponsorship on the bike for only 15 out of the 17 races. With 1 different paint job going to Laguna, it would make sense that he will have a different one in Valencia.

I hope he has something different, just because that would be cool!!!

·
we meat again
18,549 Posts
CrescentCompact said:
I hope they will run a white and red all yamaha layout. That looks cool (in a retro way!).
I doubt it will be anything to do with Yamaha... I'm sure it will be something much more flashy... check out his Valencia RCV... :cool:

Attachments

·
we meat again
18,549 Posts
CrescentCompact said:
I hope they will run a white and red all yamaha layout. That looks cool (in a retro way!).
Guess what... I was wrong and you were right... :sneaky

Yamaha compete in corporate racing colors in Valencia

Valencia, Spain 3/11/2005

To commemorate Yamaha’s 50th Anniversary and its extraordinarily successful year in racing this season, Yamaha has decided to race the last round of the 2005 MotoGP World Championship in the company’s traditional red, white and black racing color scheme. This follows the Yamaha Factory Team’s earlier showing of the yellow and black traditional US racing colors in the US MotoGP round at Laguna Seca.

As a result the YZR-M1 machines of Yamaha Factory Team riders Valentino Rossi and Colin Edwards will sport the red, white and black colors as seen on many of Yamaha’s past factory racing bikes.

Yamaha YZR500-OW23

In fact in 1975, exactly 30 years ago, Yamaha won its first GP500 world championship with Giacomo Agostini riding the then revolutionary two-stoke OW23 YZR500, also painted in Yamaha’s corporate racing colors. The team will present itself with the riders and bikes on Thursday, November 3 at 17.00 on the main straight for a photo call. Yamaha has enjoyed probably the most successful year in racing ever, winning no less the seven world titles across the MotoGP, MX1 and MX2 World Championships in truly dominant style. By racing in the traditional corporate racing colors Yamaha endeavors once more to exceed expectations and touch people’s hearts, making sure the 2005 racing season will be remembered for a long time to come as Yamaha enters “the next 50”.

Attachments

·
the lesser of 2 weavels
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
can't find a pic online yet, but a mate says there is one in MCN & it doesn't look very good:dunno got to go to work now, hopefully someone will find a pic by the time i get back:thumbup

·
the lesser of 2 weavels
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
not sure if i like it or not, never been a fan of white bikes, always makes them look cheap somehow:dunno i do like valentinos helmet though:fact the one on his head before anyone gays that statement up:thumbup

·
I rocked in Iraq
889 Posts
It looks great! I am so happy to see Yamaha doing so well! Now we just need to see Rossi win again next year and Chad Reed reclaim the AMA Supercross title!

·
we meat again
18,549 Posts
tilbury007 said:
...i do like valentinos helmet though:fact the one on his head before anyone gays that statement up:thumbup
Yeah I always hated anything in red+yellow combination... reminds me too much of McDonald's colors... :ugh

:bash

·
Biaggi:`WTF? Rossis behind me`
321 Posts
YzRacer212 said:
It looks great! I am so happy to see Yamaha doing so well! Now we just need to see Rossi win again next year and Chad Reed reclaim the AMA Supercross title!
:iamwithst Yeah Brotha!! Hope Chad can get it back! who won this year? damn i thought he did!! only got coverige of last years!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts