Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah it's been said many times but it's just ridiculous. I watched the Donington race again. With 7 laps to go Rossi takes first then opens an immediate THREE+ second lead. In the space of a couple laps he's 3 seconds ahead. After toying with these guys the whole race. That's insane. To go from wheel to wheel to out of sight instantly is just unheard of in any motorsport. And this is in pouring rain and standing water! :confused:

·
Made of Star Stuff
3,956 Posts
Long live the king. :fork

·
relaxing
14,115 Posts
i stick to my claim that he LET MARCO do what he did today :fact :lol

·
`This town needs an enima!`
228 Posts
I Agree Too

I think Rossi felt that he owed Melandri one for the crash a couple of races ago. Rossi probably figures, as long as it ain't Gibernau... it's "aight"! How bout Tony Elias coming on strong! Mad props to him!! :thumbup

·
L'GO MY EGGO
2016 Victory Magnum, 2015 KTM 1290 SA
3,050 Posts
steeltoe said:
Yeah it's been said many times but it's just ridiculous. I watched the Donington race again. With 7 laps to go Rossi takes first then opens an immediate THREE+ second lead. In the space of a couple laps he's 3 seconds ahead. After toying with these guys the whole race. That's insane. To go from wheel to wheel to out of sight instantly is just unheard of in any motorsport. And this is in pouring rain and standing water! :confused:

For sure one of the best races I've ever seen, I think I've watched it 4 times now and looking forward to watching it again.

Anybody that doubts Rossi's the GOAT please refer to Donington 2005.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts