Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Bollocks.
11,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eventhought people are full of Rossi's move to Yamaha next year, there are also rumours that Rossi is going to leave the 2 wheels to go drive formula one... He's bin offered a test drive by Ferrari to see what he's like on four wheels... Eventhough it's great for him i personally think it sucks, hes god on 2 wheels... It would be a loss to moto gp if he'd trade in the 2 wheels... Ne thoughts? :( :cryin

·
Bollocks.
11,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats a 50cc crossbike, (im underage u see if not id have an R1 offcourse...:yesnod

·
Mass
1,013 Posts
He's already said over and over in interviews that he's staying on motos next year.

God people only read half the stories.

·
Bollocks.
11,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the story that he might have made the change was not only in MCN but in other bike mags aswell...

·
I need a bike :(
145 Posts
All it says is that Ferrari offered him a test drive. As far as anyone knows he hasn't even taken the offer.

·
Mass
1,013 Posts
Yeah, but that' the whole problem, honda wants a two year contract, and rossi wants a 1 year contract, that's why he'w not signing with them.

He wants to do something else later on, but next year he's going back to moto.

·
Professional retired guy
2,187 Posts
He is offered a test drive, not a seat on the Marlboro F1 Team next year. Big difference. This is just a perk offered to tempt him over to the Marlboro Ducati MotoGP Team.

·
Go hard!
1,300 Posts
roman_van_alten said:
Eventhought people are full of Rossi's move to Yamaha next year, there are also rumours that Rossi is going to leave the 2 wheels to go drive formula one... He's bin offered a test drive by Ferrari to see what he's like on four wheels... Eventhough it's great for him i personally think it sucks, hes god on 2 wheels... It would be a loss to moto gp if he'd trade in the 2 wheels... Ne thoughts? :( :cryin
hmmmm I reckon it would make Formula 1 even more interesting than it is, as mentioned in a previous thread titled 'Are you sick of watching him win?' you will note that MOTO GP is predictable, you know who is going to win therefore it becomes boring,,,,

Yeh Im all for Rossi to drive a F1 car where the skills of the drivers are more evenly matched,,, if Rossi stays with Honda and Jeremy Burgess he will have the next 5 MOTO GP seasons in the bag as world champion without a doubt.

PUT HIM IN A CAR!!!!!!!!!!

·
Real Men Drag Their Right Knee
1,440 Posts
The major point for Rossi not signing yet is that Honda wants him to display the No1 plate. If they can fix that and also scale down public appearences for him then he will sign.

·
pavement tester....
7,282 Posts
i think rossi going to F1 would be like when Michael Jordan left Basketball to go play Baseball. He was decent, but not good enough.

Rossi should ride MotoGP another year, and then come race AMA Superbike :D

·
Drop beats not bombs
42 Posts
Ronin R1 said:
He is offered a test drive, not a seat on the Marlboro F1 Team next year. Big difference. This is just a perk offered to tempt him over to the Marlboro Ducati MotoGP Team.
Interesting point. I believe Rossi refuses to ride for any type of cigarette sponsor though so he probbably wont go with them

·
450 coming shortly...
7,696 Posts
Well for those here in OZ that attended the Moto Gp this weekend,and went to the autograph signing session-you may have also heard what I did while closely listening. In a brief chat with the commentator while signing autographs-he was asked what he was doing next year,as there are rumors he may be leaving moto gp. To alot of peoples surprise,he answered with "Nothing's been decided what I'll be doing next year,will have to wait and see." He then went onto say in regards to him moving to Yamaha,or Ducati- "A desission will be made next week,will have to wait until then"

Hmmm...so the plot thickens. As I said,this was quoted DIRECTALLY from Rossi himself.

·
GO CHIEFS!!!
6,870 Posts
I'm a Rossi fan, but motogp would be more competitve w/out him... I'm pretty mixed on whether or not I like the idea of him leaving. I still see it as Michael Jordan wanting to play baseball. Just because you are the man at one sport doesn't mean you'll be good at another...

- BA

·
who's your daddy?
314 Posts
I don't get why anyone would want to see the best motorcycle racer in the word quit and race cars??!! That's stupid, you should appreciate that you are able to see someone as talented and dominate as him race. Do people also think King Kenny should have jumped over to cars? Think of all the classic races that would have never happened if he had. I don't like the idea that someone should step aside because they are successful. How does that make sense?

·
THEY CALLED ME SWEETNESS!!!!!!
6,538 Posts
bpa00 said:
I still see it as Michael Jordan wanting to play baseball. Just because you are the man at one sport doesn't mean you'll be good at another...

- BA
I couldn't agree more!! I remember when I played pro football (Miami Dolphins), everyone thought I should play hockey because I was so good. Well, after believing the hype, I moved to St. Louis to play for the STL Blues. That was the biggest mistake of my life. I left millions of $$$ in the NFL, only to be cut from the hockey team 4 years later.....
DAMN! :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nicky did it too

Nicky Hayden and some Andretti guy swaped rides for a magazine shoot. Nicky got to drive the F1 Motorola Honda, and Mikey Andretti rode Nicky's Superbike. As you can see, no harm done.

As for Rossi, I would keep people guessing as long as possible too. All those damn people wanting to know his bussines.

·
WERA/CCS #217
5,983 Posts
Yeah I felt the same way when I left the NBA.. to play in the NFL..

R1Fanatic said:
I couldn't agree more!! I remember when I played pro football (Miami Dolphins), everyone thought I should play hockey because I was so good. Well, after believing the hype, I moved to St. Louis to play for the STL Blues. That was the biggest mistake of my life. I left millions of $$$ in the NFL, only to be cut from the hockey team 4 years later.....
DAMN! :(

1 - 20 of 25 Posts