Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
I'll put you in the wall!!
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who do you all think is going to be Valentino's main competition in the 06 season? Back in 04 Valentino and Sete mixed it up in almost every race. In 05 there wasn’t any consistent competitor for him other than perhaps Marco. Although Nicky had a few good podium finishes including the great win here at the USGP; I don’t see him being able to beat Rossi consistently. However it would be awesome to see Hayden as the new world champ. So do you all think is going to be able to challenge Rossi?

·
USAF Droppin Bombs!
26 Posts
What about Vermullen?

I thought Chris Vermullen (how do you spell that?) rode decent last season. He could get better and give Val another person to pass on the last two laps.

·
I rocked in Iraq
889 Posts
As long as Rossi is there, Sete will never win again. Marco and Hayden will fight for the top spot, and it will be good racing up front with 3 great guys to watch!

·
WERA/CCS #217
5,974 Posts
In case you havent noticed.. Rossi's won all the championships on different bikes (M1, RC211V, 500cc, 250cc, 125cc) since we've all been born.. You really think someone is going to magically just step it up this year??

Hell maybe if he rode my R1.. it would be competitive but thats about as wishful as it gets.. like someone said.. "WHAT COMPETITION??" If anything the greatest testiment to his talent is that Nicky Haden is probably THE fastest rider in the world at his home track Leguna Seca that he did 1000's of laps over the years. Rossi's first time there ever.. and he was right up there.

I'll be watching WSB more than anything this year. Haga, Laconi, Bayliss, Biaggi, Barros, Vermulen, Pitt, Corser, McCoy, hell all they need is Bostrom & Hogdeson to come back and this shyt really will be the greatest racing ever.

Not to mention in MotoGP only the Yamaha and Honda are competitive right now.. The Ducati is still a maybe now that HP is more even. If you are riding anything else, you might as well be club racing with us on the weekends.

Atleast in WSB.. The KAW-YAM-DUC-HONDA are all about even.. with only the ZUK having a very slight edge. And they more resemble the bikes we ride on the street. Its nice to know your bike *can* do that if you had the $100,000 or so to throw into it.. lol

WSB is alot more even playing field, and alot more evened out talent wise.

·
Made of Star Stuff
3,956 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.