Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· the track is where its at.
197 Posts
Is it surface rust, or starting to pit the rotor? Easiest way to tell is to lift up the front of the bike, spin the front wheel and gently apply the brakes (or just roll the bike along dragging the front brakes). If it disappears, and doesn't leave any black spots/holes, it's just surface rust from sintered brake pad dust and is fine.

· Registered
1,687 Posts
So I shipped my bike to Japan with me and it has been about two months with another month of not riding until it's "legal" to drive here.

I took a pic of my front rotor to show the slight rust coming on. Do you think it's time for new ones?
Let me know how Shaken (車検) goes for you. I've often wondered what I would do if I went back to Japan to live. I would want to take my bike but I know it would be illegal the way it is now. Shaken is such a bitch, keep your oem parts because you'll need them every 2 years to do the infamous swap out. What about insurance and converting your license? Let me know how it goes, I may need this info at some point!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.