Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to replace a coil on cylinder #3. Coils are all good. Put everything back together, bike won't start with starter. It went out when I was trying to get her started on 3 cylinders to make it back home. Had to push start it, but got it home roughly. So I replaced the coils, tried starting it, I hear a rotation sound, then dash resets. Then it just click, sometimes it doesn't. I have to push start it. It starts, idles rough as hell. Sometimes it wants to die when I give it throttle, and it does. Have to re push start. As soon as I keep it above idle, she sounds fine and doesn't die. I have no valve ticking sounds, expo valve is removed and I have a power commander. 21,785 miles on the bike. I need some guidance...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no idea. This is my second bike and only one I've ran into this. When I had to remove my coils, I did something wrong and broke off into the spark plug tube, so I had to take off the head gasket to get the shit out with a tweezers. Couldn't get it all out but I assume the plastic was burnt outout. It was a bitch to get it back on, had to force it around the timing chain and it rubbed up against it. This is everything leading up to it. I have to make a ride tomorrow 700 something miles back home. I'm just hoping she'll make it. So then I can fix her up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts