Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
381 - 400 of 441 Posts

·
Ice Cream Lt. Dan! Ice Cream!
82 Posts
VS $30 for magic blinker to my door...yeah $8 sounds better but the parts aren't local, I would have had to order anyway...or spend more time looking around. I am interested to see if the Magic blinker will give the wig-wag alternating signal like a relay does or if it will blink in unison.

I am having a resistor issue though. My blink rate is fast and I want it to slow down. I did a tail light mod on my 600 a while back and still had the resistors...20amp 8ohm...The Flush Mounts look like the Greggs and I read somewhere those may be 30ohm.

Any how, I tried splicing the resistor between the power and the gound and the blink rate did not change. I know there are resistors out there now that will adjust the blink rate to whatever you want or make it DOT standard but those are $25+

Any low dollar fixes for this or small risistors that stash easy?

ok so for the unison and wigwag... with my relay setup my turn signal and aux blink unison and my rear and euro lights blink in unison

for the slower blinker cycle gear sells a relay that plugs in to the oem plug and slows down the blinker... I believe you can also just hook a diode and resistor to your wires and it will do the same thing but for $20 I just bought it

all resistors you will need for your bike will store very easily they will all be small

·
Just love to ride.........
217 Posts
Step Three:

Cut the two wires approx 2 inches from the quick connect. Cut the 1 ft. 18 gage wire in 4 equal lengths and splice 2 of them to the end of wires from the light. This will give you the extra lenth you need. Splice one of the wires to the BLUE wire off the quick connecter of the turn signal. Then wire tap into the GREEN (right side)/BROWN (left side) wire. I have red because I have the Greggs flushies.
Hey Tap...So the other side of the aux light quick connector (after disconnecting) is just left unused after everything is complete. Is that correct?

Sent from my Desire HD using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
217 Posts
Don't be disappointed, I'm pretty sure it doesn't work on the earlier models.
But let me know will you.
I will...But in looking at Tapcon's original write-up and pics, it looks like he did it on an 04-06 model.....???

·
Ice Cream Lt. Dan! Ice Cream!
82 Posts
Don't be disappointed, I'm pretty sure it doesn't work on the earlier models.
But let me know will you.
It didnt work on the 09's either so I did the relay... should work on all years as long as your going from 3 wire to 2 wire... cheap and not hard if you can solder

·
217 Posts
You're right....It is. I wonder what the big difference is between making it work on an 07 vs an 05...I'll give one side a try and see what happens. WCS...I've got an excellent shop in the area that I can reach out to for advice...

·
I'm an Englishman in WI.
33,675 Posts
You're right....It is. I wonder what the big difference is between making it work on an 07 vs an 05...I'll give one side a try and see what happens. WCS...I've got an excellent shop in the area that I can reach out to for advice...

Ok cool, like I say let me know, I have mine converted to signals but they are not still running lights.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Anyone from michigan that would be willing to help me with this mod? ive attempted twice and had a mechanic also do it and it only works once and a while. Very frustrating and dangerous when i want to ride and they decide not to work!! Im 20 min west od detroit in city of westland, w an 06 R1.

Thanks a ton!!

·
Sir Douglas
4,800 Posts
Finally had some down time and am waiting on new tires to arrive, so I decided to do the mod. Works very good and I think for safety reasons this is a must mod. Now I gotta decide if I wanna run amber bulbs or go wity a different color? Thinking amber so the po po doesnt have another reason to pull me over.

381 - 400 of 441 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.