Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
421 - 440 of 441 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
I wouldn't think they would pull that much power from the main lights, but I think if you used a relay with a line from battery as the power source you should be able to alleviate that problem

·
Play hard Ride harder
249 Posts
Use a relay, shouldn't loose any Light brightness. But I can only speak for my 05 works beautiful and it's quick and easy to install

·
Registered
10 Posts
Any chance of getting this mod to work in conjunction with the turn signal instead of opposite it? (i.e. on/off simultaneously with turn signal)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I went to install my proton flushmounts and decided to experiment with wiring the auxillary bulbs into the turn signal circuit. I have an led integrated tail light, brand unknown. The auxillary bulbs would barely light up and the taillight signals would be on all the time, plus both indicator lights would be on. Has anybody figured out if a resistor has fixed this problem?

·
'16 60th Anniversary "Pikachu"
914 Posts
I went to install my proton flushmounts and decided to experiment with wiring the auxillary bulbs into the turn signal circuit. I have an led integrated tail light, brand unknown. The auxillary bulbs would barely light up and the taillight signals would be on all the time, plus both indicator lights would be on. Has anybody figured out if a resistor has fixed this problem?

I am on the same boat!! I received my Protons also and before installing the Protons, I did the mod with the stock turn signal and it worked along with the integrated tail lights. Now that I installed the Protons, my signal indicator stays on and the Protons would stay signaling, and my aux light would be super dimmed.

·
Registered
99 Posts
This can be done with a standard relay wired for a negative trigger I believe. I am going to try out the relay idea this evening.

·
Registered
10 Posts
After months spent trying to make this work, I have drawn some valuable conclusions.
1) I have proton flushmounts up front and some unkown LED integrated unit in the rear (blasterx?)
2) When I connect the aux light in parallel (as described) with the turn signal circuit, the aux bulb is very dim, and actually make the signals flash on their own.
3) When I measure voltage at the aux bulb, I get about 4V.
4) Whenever I add resistors to the setup, the aux bulb doesn't come on at all.
5) Resistance measured across my protons is about 30k ohm, the blasterx is above 40 meg ohm.

Conclusion: The resistance of the led aftermarket turn signals are reducing the voltage in the entire circuit, thus the dim bulb. Adding resistors only makes it worse.

Solution: Is there any way to increase voltage in the circuit?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have not had any luck with this mod yet to date. Ideally, my corner marker lights would flash with my turn signals front and rear, but in reality, when I wire the corner lights into the circuit, they become very dim and depending on how it's wired, will actually cause the turn signals to illuminate even when not on. I even installed an electronic flasher from motomummy which did synchronize the front and rear signals but it increased the delay between when I flick the switch and when the signal actually come on to about a second (scary, considering 60 mph = 88 feet per second). I would recommend bypassing the rear tail light in order to test whether that is the culprit, I was going to disconnect mine but it was more work than I wanted to mess with.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just kept it simple and put in orange bulbs and left them strictly turn signals.. I have halo's in the front heads that I have on a switch for a cool running light type thing..

·
Big Blue II
28 Posts
So Ive done this mod (with relays) and everything in the front end works fine.

Blinkers and aux lights are both led and they alternate at the proper speed.

The problem is the motodynamic integrated tail lights, they now blink fast which is really ugly with the sequential blinkers.

Has anyone had this problem or have any thoughts as to what might cause the speed issue....maybe I can put a resistor in the tail but it really doesn't seem necessary as the tail lights worked fine before I did the aux light mod.

Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I think that tail light already has a resistor which should accomplish the same result no...
No, disconnect all your front signals and you'll see your integrated tail will still flash fast. Resistors on the motodyamic isnt enough to simulate load for all signals. If you read the instruction manual it states that everything must currently flash oem rate. A solid state flasher like he suggested would return it back to normal rate

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2 Posts
Help me out here guys. I've been searching in this forum and anywhere else I can to find a part number or a place that sells the AUX light in the headlamp assembly. I have an 04 R1. Anyone have access to this data? Tried YamahaPartsMonster already and searched here for about an hour or two.

421 - 440 of 441 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
440 Replies
108 Participants
WestSide_'10R1
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing