Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Allright I did the blinker/running light mod, works great. I want to put in some amber bulbs, It got late last night, but I could not easily see where the bulb can get replaced. Is there something I am missing. Also do the LED's the poeple are using fit the current socket, I remember reading that it does but I want to see what the standard amber bulbs look like first.

· Humachine Technology
935 Posts
Your owners manual shows you which two panels to take off to get the bulb out. :fact

I used a pair of LED amber bulbs from Auto Zone. They were like $10.00 total. Brighter than the standard amber incandescent bulb from the front- though a bit less visible at 90 degrees. The LED's have a high flash rate, but so did the amber incandescents that I tried. Thinking about a Libertek relay. There are tons of thread on this very subject---- just search.

· Action figure sold separately
12,868 Posts
As long as you retain at least one incandescent load, for example LED front turn signals and incandescent rear signals, than you can use the $8 Tridon flasher relay to re-establish a normal blinking rate. If you replace all the turn signals with LEDs (ie, LEDs in front and LEDs in rear, or LEDs in front and LED tail light integrator in rear), than the Tridon flasher relay will not work, you will need the Libertek. As for front LED bulbs, you can consider the 194 (168) LED Super Bright Amber Mini Wedge Mount Bulbs sold on lightlens.com. They are clear when off, and blink amber.

http://lightlens.com/s-cart/form.phtml?g_intCatID=36&exPageNO=4

EDIT= updating the link

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.