Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· 14k+ posts and not one helpful
14,358 Posts
Niiiiiiice!! Congrats

· Super Moderator
22,568 Posts
So many new bikes coming out. I really don't think you can go wrong with any of them. Enjoy it and ride safe...

· Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I love it.... It's a lightly used '13 RSV4-r aPRC with 2000 miles... Owner had too many other bikes and didn't want to deal with this one.... I rode it and was kinda bummed because it didn't have the torque and power that the reviews said it had... That's when I looked down at the speedo and realized i was speeding... The power band so smooth you don't realize how fast you're accelerating... My Ducati has the torque you can feel... I need to get rid of the factory exhaust and install the Austin racing GP2R slip on so I can hear the bike and true v4 sound

· For no ma'am
2,615 Posts
I love it.... It's a lightly used '13 RSV4-r aPRC with 2000 miles... Owner had too many other bikes and didn't want to deal with this one.... I rode it and was kinda bummed because it didn't have the torque and power that the reviews said it had... That's when I looked down at the speedo and realized i was speeding... The power band so smooth you don't realize how fast you're accelerating... My Ducati has the torque you can feel... I need to get rid of the factory exhaust and install the Austin racing GP2R slip on so I can hear the bike and true v4 sound
If it's the stock gearing it may be a bit tall since Aprilia had/has intended it be track focused.

· Don't Bother Me!!!
80 Posts
I have the same bike, only mine is a 2012 and white. It was love/hate at first, but once it was sorted, it's been an amazing ride!
The V4 sound is amazing even with the stock can, once you put an aftermarket one on..it's pure sex! I have the Graves slip-on on mine.

I kinda thought mine was slow at first as well, just coming off the 09 R1. Dropping a tooth on the counter shaft will make a big difference, and once you get to know the electronics, adjusting those will make it faster as well

· kickin' at the darkness
10,318 Posts
Nice ride, you'll love the electronics package and the crossplane crank...hey wait a minute.
my thoughts exactly, wait, thats an ape! wtf :joke: :cryin

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.