Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Go hard!
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have numrous important business emails which we'd like to back up onto a Flash disc, can this be done and how do we do it anyone have any idea, we use outlook and use win 2000 op system

·
Life: Comedy or Tragedy?
37,587 Posts
I don't see why you couldn't. Try looking under some of the headers such as "File" or "edit" for an export option. I believe you should be able to export them to plain text.

There might be a difference though if you are saving the e-mail locally, or if they are saved on the mail server while reading them. :dunno Been a long time since I've used Outlook

·
you can't have my last beer
3,466 Posts
You can just drag and drop the e-mails you want to save. Use your control key to select individual e-mails, or use ctrl+a to select all and drag them onto your flash drive. Use restore down to make smaller windows of outlook and the drive itself, and just drag them right over.

·
Go hard!
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
saving to CD

EarlThePearl said:
You can just drag and drop the e-mails you want to save. Use your control key to select individual e-mails, or use ctrl+a to select all and drag them onto your flash drive. Use restore down to make smaller windows of outlook and the drive itself, and just drag them right over.
What about saving emails to a CD,,, can I just drag and drop the emails into a file on the desktop which i make up lets say I call it 'Emails' and then can I burn to CD?

Will that sort of thing work?

·
3,466 Posts
Re: saving to CD

Grip Twister said:
What about saving emails to a CD,,, can I just drag and drop the emails into a file on the desktop which i make up lets say I call it 'Emails' and then can I burn to CD?

Will that sort of thing work?
Yeah no problem. Just drag them all into a folder on your desktop or where ever you want and burn them to a cd afterwards.

·
Searching for Greener Pastures
11,154 Posts
FYI for us "lowly Outlook users"... There is an update you can download at officeupdate.com that lets you back up your email/contacts folders. Much easier doing a reload of your system than finding all the .pst files or exporting...

·
127.0.0.1 -E
687 Posts
Am I way off here?.... why not create a shortcut on your desktop that guides you to the directory that archive.pst, extend.dat, and outlook.pst reside in and copy those to your drive? This will back up contacts, emails and calendars and whatever else.
I'm not big on outlook but I'm forced to use it at work now so I just started using this method as backup / way to transfer from work to home.

·
3,466 Posts
Your not way off. It sounded like to me he wanted to pick and choose the e-mails he wanted to save, so I suggested what I thought was the easiest way to do that. Your method works just fine, if that is his intention.

:thumbup

·
Go hard!
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
EarlThePearl said:
Your not way off. It sounded like to me he wanted to pick and choose the e-mails he wanted to save, so I suggested what I thought was the easiest way to do that. Your method works just fine, if that is his intention.

:thumbup
In reference to power junkies post does doing what he has stated back up the whole of our emails which is probably what we'd like to do its probably the easiest method.

so if i follow power junkies guide will that back up all emails will it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts