Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
relaxing
14,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And got dam its a small ass bike. I didnt get to take pictures (forgot camera in car) but it look as small as a 600 bike. Matter of fact, I though it was the ZX-6R until i saw the ass. Not a kawi fan but got dam, all that power in a 600 cc dimension frame gotta be something to cry for. The dude that was riding it to was a salesman from a local dealer and he was talking mad shit too. "This is the only one in the state...blah blah blah" bullshit.
Watch out 04 R1....:crash

·
Who's your Daddy!!
5,465 Posts
beafer said:
And got dam its a small ass bike. I didnt get to take pictures (forgot camera in car) but it look as small as a 600 bike. Matter of fact, I though it was the ZX-6R until i saw the ass. Not a kawi fan but got dam, all that power in a 600 cc dimension frame gotta be something to cry for. The dude that was riding it to was a salesman from a local dealer and he was talking mad shit too. "This is the only one in the state...blah blah blah" bullshit.
Watch out 04 R1....:crash
I spoke with a KMC media relations employee just yesterday morning about a few diff topics......at any rate he informed me the first boat load will come to Socal first and each dealer will get the obligatory 1 unit first deal and then @ some point down the road get their ordered alotment.

BD

·
Too old for this crap...
1,869 Posts
Hey, litre bike power with 600 weight and 600 dimension are manufacturers wet dream. Given a choice... I would be tempted to buy the ZX10, but i'll pick the R1 cuz it's "easier" on the rider.

·
relaxing
14,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Re: Saw a ZX-10R tonight

Big Daddy said:
I spoke with a KMC media relations employee just yesterday morning about a few diff topics......at any rate he informed me the first boat load will come to Socal first and each dealer will get the obligatory 1 unit first deal and then @ some point down the road get their ordered alotment.

BD
So basically what you are saying is that you got lied too :crash

·
Registered
134 Posts
I won't be getting either... but only due to lack of :dollar :dollar :dollar

I really wouldn't like to have to choose between those 2. I don't think you'd lose out whichever way you went.

·
mmmmm...black bike
1,856 Posts
Re: Re: Saw a ZX-10R tonight

Big Daddy said:

BD

See now don't you wish you were in Socal?:lol :p

·
My R1 has a little weiner
485 Posts
Yep, the word is that they're selling them in Florida and maybe even California.
And God I love the looks of the Attack Kawasaki, prolly 'cause its my color.:boobies

·
Registered
357 Posts
I've seen the ZX10R and it's a NICE bike. I always loved the ZX7R/7RR's back in the early 90's. I used to love watching Scott Russell on that thing. It was an artform. :)

Really don't know what all the stink is thou. EVERY liter class bike now is the size of a 600. They have been for years. So currently u got the R1 and ZX10R running close to 160bhp at the size of a 600cc machine. The GSXR1000 also, with the exception of the Honda, they're all tini tiny.

Tarl

·
Moving Chicane
782 Posts
I hope the production bike are nothing like the show bikes suspension wise. That bike has so much potential it would be aweful to see them taint it by using those unreal spring rates.

I weigh 175, and when I sat on the ZX, if it even moved 1/8" I would have been surprised. Tried to bounce it, and it still wouldn't budge. If you are in the 250 to 300lb range, you are saving money on not having to do suspension. But for anyone else, be ready to order up springs now. But hopefully they figured that out and its not a problem.

No doubt this has to do with them being in bed with Suzuki and using left over G1K fork springs (they are ~1.05 kg/mm) and matched the back spring versus use the standard soggy spring they put on the Suz. At least they were consistent, but damn.

For reference, a 200 to 240 guy racing his bike will run 1.0 springs. So even for track duty, they are a bit much.

I asked the KMC guys what the rates where, but I think they were all sales/marketing guys, so about as clueless as you'd expect for one of those types. About the best you could get from them was "I think they come in green, and maybe a couple other colors"

·
Who's your Daddy!!
5,465 Posts
Its very obvious here that the term 'blowin trannies' doesn't apply, but this is what ya get when people get 2nd,3rd hand incorrect info......incorrect terminology at its finest.:2bitchsla

BD

·
we meat again
18,563 Posts
beafer said:
...Watch out 04 R1....:crash
Yeah I will watch with my mirrors for their transmission break down... :crash :p

1 - 20 of 51 Posts