Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
one liter asphalt eater
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:

I dont know whats gone on. I purchased a new Arai RX7RR4 helmet, as well as a Quantum/F for my girl.

The guy has not sent me anything. I paid on Nov 4.
What would you guys reccomend doing. The fellow says that his name is Barry Sheene....I think he's a fraudulent impersonator.

Looking for answers.

·
Premium Member
6,230 Posts
Well .. usually information on such places can be used in court incase you do find the "real" guy and he still doesn't send you waht you payed for.

Contact Ebay and ask for IP's and stuff and maybe it is possible to track down the guy.

·
one liter asphalt eater
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Scam

Paid by Visa.

I contacted them, can't file a dispute for non-shipment of goods for 60 days!

Payapl...30 days to investigate.
E-bay...30 days to investigate.

The guy started a second name and bid on his own helmets! Now, he's selling helmets for over 1000 US and people are still bidding. Unfortunately I cannot contact them because the seller has now marked everything as a private auction. He is in big ****. The legal ramifications alone could cause bankruptcy...

What do you say we all find out where he lives, and at least do some burnouts on his front lawn? Id feel better if that happened! Unfortunately, name, address and phone numbers are all invalid. I guess I'm stuck for now...
:no

·
Forum chick
344 Posts
Barry Sheene

If you want to do burnouts on Barry Sheene's lawn then you are going to have a long trip. He lives in Australia. I'm surprised no one has heard of him on here, really. The name didn't even ring a bell with me until later and I'm not even into motorsports. Barry Sheene was a professional motorsport racer and captured loads of Grand Prix Championship titles. Here's a little info on him:
This English two-time, world, 500cc motorcycle champion has called Australia's Gold Coast home for over a decade, and become the voice of grand prix motorcycle racing in Australia.

Barry joined Network Ten as an expert motorsport commentator and as co-host of the motorsport program RPM. Barry as also acted as a reporter and commentator for the IndyCar Championship and the V8's FAI 1000 Classic.

In 1999 Barry continues to call the action from the 14-round World Motorcycle Championship and keeps the pulse on other motorsport happenings with his involvement in RPM and the Shell Australian Touring Car Championship.

Born in London in 1950, Sheene was introduced to motorsport at the age of five, with his father Frank building him his first ever motorbike. A zealous youngster, Sheene mastered the machine quickly, taking up professional racing on a 125cc Bultaco in 1968.

Sheene went onto claim the British 750cc title in 1969-70, the European 750cc tittle in 1973 and the World 500cc Grand Prix Championship in 1976 and 1977.

Between 1975-1982 Sheene won more international 500cc and 750cc grand prix titles than any other rider did. However a war torn body, held together by steel plates and bolts, forced Sheene to expand his motorsport horizons.

From an early age it was obvious the Cockney lad had acting talent. He appeared in the opera Tosca with Maria Callas and Tito Gobbi for three seasons at Covent Garden, but began a more serious stint in TV with the popular UK ITV Network Show 'Just Amazing'.

Barry has also appeared in numerous TV commercials, with his distinctive accent becoming synonymous with motorsport and motorcycle racing. He is recognised for his contribution to motorsport, with an MBE in 1978, along with numerous European Sports man of the Year awards.
Barry's other passions in life are his two children Freddie and Sidonie, water skiing and flying.
So the guy who ripped you off IS an impersonator. Because I don't think this Barry Sheene would be on Ebay jacking people.

·
one liter asphalt eater
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
EBAY

Thanks Kath,

I know. The guy is an impersonator, like I said before.
The REAL Barry Sheene would have no reason to pull something like that. Its not as if he has not made enough money!

But thanks for the bio...where did you get all the research info??
:)

·
Forum chick
344 Posts
You are very much welcome. :) I'm sorry that happened. These ***holes pull stuff like this all the time. I got ripped off at a site called Bidz.com a while back and it took me forever to get my money back. And I used my MasterCard to pay.
A very wise, knowledgable member of the forum by the name of Twisted Logic let me know about Barry Sheene.
Twisted Logic is :rock when it comes to everything about R-1's and bikes in general. If I ever want to know anything, I ask him. :)
If there is anything I can do to help in finding the real jerk who scammed you, let me know. I can't promise any burnouts, but I can do some research for you. :)

·
one liter asphalt eater
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ripoff

Hey guys.....and gals

It seems that the imposterous "Barry Sheene" has a real name. Nicholas Prentice. Unfortunately, our friend Nicholas has had to leave the country.

I have been contacted by another party, through the e-mail address [email protected]

This man's name is Mark Thompson. The phone number he left is in England or Australia...I'm not sure.

I have requested a full refund for both helmets, back onto my Visa card, as anyone associated with this transaction is suspect in my mind.

The squeaky wheel always gets the grease, so if you guys REALLY want to help me, I think I have an idea on how to expedite the process.

A massive email to whoever it may be. If you guys could all send an email to [email protected] requesting my money be returned I am sure it will come way faster when there are many voices instead of one.

Neccesary contents:
Please refund the visa of Scott Gerlitz for two transactions on ebay.
597284528 Arai RX7RR4 in the amount of 471.00 USD
597287888 Arai Quantum/F in the amount of 350.03 USD

Your immediate cooperation is required.

Pretty easy hey?
I would really appreciate it if anyone can help me out.
I dont know of any other strategy.

Thanks alot two minutes of your time will not be forgotten.

Sincerely Yours
Scotty
hypeR1

:butt
Keep your ass off the pavement!

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
This is all I got when I sent him a email.

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
<[email protected]>
(reason: 550 Requested action not taken:user account inactive)

----- Transcript of session follows -----
.. while talking to mc7.law5.hotmail.com.:
>>> RCPT To:<[email protected]>
<<< 550 Requested action not taken:user account inactive
550 5.1.1 <[email protected]>... User unknown

·
one liter asphalt eater
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ebay

Forget about that idea....that bastard has already closed his email account....I don't know how this is going to get resolved. I appreciate your input though.

Thanks again!

:butt
Keep your ass off the pavement!

·
Nightmare About to Come True
1,889 Posts
The little **** closed his account but now that we have his real name give me a little time and we will have his ass:bash :machinegu :zxflipoff

·
Yes, It's true, blue is faster
8,156 Posts
Please say he lives near Chicago. I'll grab a few other buds and pay him a visit.:bash

·
The plane will fly! :fact
7,030 Posts
:machinegu thieving con-artists!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.