Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Naarden Sportbike SuperStore
557 Posts
What you are looking for is Industrial Design school. I went to Auburn University and it sucked ass, I was going for the exact same thing but i didnt like the people in alabama and i cant stand the useless classes i was taking! I was also accepted into Savanah College of Art and Design and Virginia Tech, SCAD i felt was full of to much Artsie People and Virginia Was real mechanical, and i though AU was the best choice, my mistake i guess. Its extremely hard to get into what you are trying to do, ill warn you now

But you basically want to become an industrial designer

·
I love tacos, I love them good
329 Posts
madmathew said:
This place cost big $$$'s. Used to just be called "SF Academy of Art" till a few years ago when the hiked up the tuition by some ungodly percentage... hence changed it to "... University", i assume to justify the gouging. But from what i hear it is one of the best places in the world to study graphic art and such so i guess you get what you pay for.

:fact

BTW - there are few other campuses around the US that are a little less expensive. I know there's one in Dallas, I thought of going when i lived there.

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
I went to CCS for a couple years, its way expensive. I finished up at Massart in Boston. Its the best public art college in the country and its cheap compared to CCS or Art Center. On the other hand its a lot easier to get a transportation job from those two schools because you have a built in network.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Why won't you get an engineering degree from an accredited college :) . I heard a guy, who works for GM, say at job fair:
"You cannot teach an engineer art, but you can teach an artist engineering"
If you know engineering, and have inclination for art, you could be designing some cool stuff :)

·
Naarden Sportbike SuperStore
557 Posts
peimp said:
im thinking about applying at ccs in detroit, anybody have any experience there? speedlink, are you designing bikes now or what?
Check my website and youll see what i do, i like more to see an actual final product instead of lame molds you cant play with. I do a lot of stuff that no one ever see's

·
booyah
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thats cool! but what i want is to be the one who comes out and makes an entire bike up from scratch. i want to design all of it , then once i make it... i can play with it!

·
booyah
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
.... that is SO true. its a huge step for me to go into something totally new, but i find myself talking about cars and bikes 24/7. i think i need to do something i love. madmathew, when you went to the college in detroit, tell me what you thought about it. where is it located in terms of the city, (nice area?), where could i live that would be safe, what was your average cost per semester, overall feel of the school, etc..
i appreciate your help!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts