Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When I picked up a bike a while back I bought a cheap lid from a mom and pops shop. It was heavy and buffeted like crazy. I bought a schuberth c3 lite because I'm too poor to buy a neotech 2 or a pista. The buffeting went away. It's significantly lighter than my brand x lid. It is relatively comfortable. I still don't know how it keeps me cool without extractors, but it does. The freecom4 came soon after. It doesn't have a problem with rain. It works fine with gloves. Tunes are a bonus. Battery life is decent enough for me. It handles phone calls no problem.

I do look like a bobble head though, because it is rather oversized.

I'll post more stuff in the future about other gear I've used.

·
Venom X/O
23,677 Posts
I’ve tried so many helmet brands. Most people find a brand a stay, I’ve tried many. AGV, Shoei, HJC, Icon, Bell, NEXX. I’ve gone back to Bell, and man the new Race Star Flex DLX is incredible. When I picked the bag up I thought Riders Discount sent me nothing. People always talk stuff up, and maybe I am a little bit, but then I had my wife pick up the helmet bag with the helmet it in and she thought it was empty. It was funny.
I’ve crash tested 1 AGV, 1 Shoei, and three Bells now and until the Bell build quality goes down I may just stick with Bell. Though the Scorpion R1 May get a shot.
the transition lens on the Bell is hard to beat.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I wear a lid, I wear a modular. I found the c3 balanced 3 things for me, it was quiet enough for me, it was light enough for me and it was inexpensive enough for me. Bell makes lots of lids. Growing up playing in the dirt and scooting around town they kept my brains in the pan. I'm sure I will pour some money their way at some point. I didn't figure anyone was interested in hearing another review of a 30 or 40 year old 3/4 so I gave my experience with what I've got. To be honest, so long as you avoid getting a heavy uncomfortable bucket you're going to have a pretty good time.

I don't always wear a lid, but when I do, I wear the one I bought.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts