Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Go get your F'n shine box!
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm for it...It is a graet marketing tactic for both Ducati and Dorna...If it gets more eyes on MotoGP/road racing this season I'm for it...and if he has good results even better! :fact

After Schumacher had a couple of excellent results during a test on the Desmosedici GP07 of Casey Stoner, Ducati offered him to take part in three motoGp races in 2008. Racing on an engine bicycle pleased Shumacher very well so he has accepted the offer. For this reason we will see the seven times world champion again coming year on two wheels. The choice of circuits has been left to Shumacher himself. The reason for this choice is that he knows those circuits well. Schumacher is pleased with this invitation. The speed perception on an engine bicycle is very different than in a car. Ducati made me a splendid offer, and my the choice for the circuits. It is an offer where I can not say no against, thus Schumacher. Ducati offers still a special training to the German driver. The first encounter on GP8 will take place on the circuit of Sepang.

Source: http://www.motornieuws.nl/2008/01/s...el_aan_drie.php

How about this?????

· I EAT SKYLINES!
2,163 Posts
I'll be shocked if he's anything other that the last running bike. :fact

Getting out on an empty track and doing a quick lap or two is one thing, doing it with 20-something other riders and full race length is another.

I agree with you, he'll be at the back somewhere, but might come good after a few races simply because he knows how to race.

· Super Moderator
22,568 Posts
Hell, for all we know they may have swapped the enging for a regular 1098 engine.

· Premium Member
47,477 Posts
Who cares? He gets a full FACTORY MotoGP Ride at three rounds... What would you give for one round?
I'd rather see a legitimate racer get the ride.

As for myself, same thing, I'd love to take a few laps on a GP bike, but I would never want to subject myself to the embarrassment of being on a track with the best in the world when I've done nothing to deserve it.

· What? Did I do that? Who me??
3,261 Posts
I'd rather see a legitimate racer get the ride.

As for myself, same thing, I'd love to take a few laps on a GP bike, but I would never want to subject myself to the embarrassment of being on a track with the best in the world when I've done nothing to deserve it.
See above.. Spanish version of April fools.. Rat Bastards got me too!!!

· Forum Moderator
32,955 Posts
Damn I just saw this.... I need to wake up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.