Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Cheating death in the "D"
21,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Schumacher tries his luck on two wheels
News, 25/10/05

Seven times F1 World Champion Michael Schumacher took part in a private test held on Monday at the Mugello circuit where, for the very first time, he climbed aboard a MotoGP 990cc prototype.

After MotoGP World Champion Valentino Rossi had a run on the Ferrari F1 car a few months ago, Schumacher had the opportunity to sample some two-wheel adrenaline on the Ducati Desmosedici. The German driver completed several lap of the Italian circuit and, while being some way off the pace of the GP regulars, reportedly improved his lap times throughout the day-long test.

Schumacher rode one of Ducati's test machines as the factory team was on its way back from Istanbul following the inaugural Turkish Grand Prix last weekend. Former rider Randy Mamola attended the session to give some advice to Ferrari's star driver and also gave him a ride on the Ducati two-seater.

·
Biaggi:`WTF? Rossis behind me`
321 Posts
You bastard, i was gona post that!:rant

Just kidin!

Michael said if Valentino can test F1 the he can test bikes! he also went on to say that he would like to race!:hellobye

Also i heard he went pretty well on the Desmo! lap times were quick!

·
we meat again
18,549 Posts
rudivan said:
You bastard, i was gona post that!:rant

Just kidin!

Michael said if Valentino can test F1 the he can test bikes! he also went on to say that he would like to race!:hellobye

Also i heard he went pretty well on the Desmo! lap times were quick!
No, he said just wanted to try for fun...

"It was great fun," said Schumacher, who is thought to have only ridden road bikes before. "I wanted to experience something totally different and it was very interesting. The guys at Ducati helped me a lot and (former 500cc GP winner) Randy Mamola explained everything to me. It has been a great experience and I want to thank everyone that made it possible."

And the lap times weren't quick...

German was 23s off Rossi’s Mugello pole position time after his first day riding the Ducati MotoGP bike. Schumacher managed a best of 2m13s compared to Rossi's 1.49s...

So I do believe it just for fun... :riding :cool:

Attachments

·
Biaggi:`WTF? Rossis behind me`
321 Posts
Oh,

I read this one...

'Ik op een motorfiets? Waarom niet, het is volgens mij alleen maar natuurlijk. Als Valentino Rossi een Ferrari F1 kan testen, dan kan ik toch zeker ook op een dag gaan motorracen.'

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.