Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
El Assholio Supremo del Mundo
10,685 Posts
Can you say jury rig?

Why not just buy some damn rearsets you cheap foo!!!!!

Tell the misses it's necessary to make the bike rideable, then get Gilles so you can have either reg shift or rev shift.

·
Off Topic mod
11,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only diffrence is that to upshift you would have to push down on the lever and pull up to downshift. Hence the name reverse shift. The theory is that it is easier to shift through a corner by pushing down since you dont have to get your foot under the lever while leaned over.

In all reality I think it really comes down to personal taste since people like Mat Mladin use the standard shift pattern :)

·
Off Topic mod
11,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
R1Budha said:
Can you say jury rig?

Why not just buy some damn rearsets you cheap foo!!!!!

Tell the misses it's necessary to make the bike rideable, then get Gilles so you can have either reg shift or rev shift.
No can do brotha! I am moving the first week fo december and I am looking to buy a house...

·
Motorcycle junky
210 Posts
hkwong34 said:
What is a reverse shift? Please explain, thanks!
GP shifting (reverse shifting) means that instead of shifting down for first and up for the rest, its up for first, and down for the rest.. When exiting a turn and leaned over pretty good, it is easyer to push down to get to the next higher gear than to try and put your foot under the shifter.. (in a nut shell) sound right everybody??

·
Motorcycle junky
210 Posts
Shadow... You have wanted that for a while now, haven't you.. I'm glad you are getting it.. Let us know if it works well please..:thumbup

·
Off Topic mod
11,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Clay said:
Shadow... You have wanted that for a while now, haven't you.. I'm glad you are getting it.. Let us know if it works well please..:thumbup
Will do... I am pissed though since the guy wanted $10.02 for shipping :argue :rant

·
Off Topic mod
11,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No shit... I am going to wait and see how much the package says it cost to ship though...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts