Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys heres a little input I have about Scorpio's SR I900 Alarm system.

First a back story why I got this alarm.
Moving to Florida hasnt been to kind to me. My first bike a 03 cbr600rr was picked up and taken away by truck. Then as I moved to a new apartment that is a "full gated community" (there just happens to be one gate that isnt locked) My 07 R1 was carried out that one unlocked gate and left behind the grocery store behind my complex with its main power wire cut.

That being said I was fed up with this so as I was fixing my wiring harness I decided to invest iin a 313 dollar scorpio alarm system. This is a great system that not only warns the would be crook with a 120 db alarm but also sounds and vibrates a lcd key fob that comes with the system. The system also has many upgradable items that are fairly priced as well. These items include a perimeter sensor that sends out microwaves to sense if anyones about to touch your bike or too close. A back up battery system (that I decided to op for) this allows the alarm and key fob to still be active even if the main power wire is cut, and finally a anti hijack system that allows the carrier of the key fob to manually switch of the ignition of the bike if ever hijacked.

Since I got this system I have caught 3 people either trying to take it or just messing with my bike. all three of course running away like cowards when the alarm sounds and I come running out with a bat. If you live in a apartment complex or are just worried about people touching your bike the Scorpio SR I900 system is the best way to go.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Had this on my previous 04 r1, and i can most deff recommend it aswell. I also bought it for my 09 R1 2 years ago, but I have acctualy not installed it yet. I live in a town where there is no risk for hijacking etc, but however some pricks had bent my numbers plate, cracked my puig db, and smashed the meter back in june. Im probly gonna install it this winter, so im set for the next season. Was it much of a hassle installing it?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really depends how well you know your a way around the electrical aspect of your bike. The most difficult part for me was where to run the wires from the alarm box to the front turn signals, Plus scorpio does a great job outlining what to do as well as selling connector for each individual make, model and years. Gunna probably get started on a step by step instruction in the how to section in the up coming week or so.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Really depends how well you know your a way around the electrical aspect of your bike. The most difficult part for me was where to run the wires from the alarm box to the front turn signals, Plus scorpio does a great job outlining what to do as well as selling connector for each individual make, model and years. Gunna probably get started on a step by step instruction in the how to section in the up coming week or so.
I know my bike pretty well as I had most of it in pieces several times, so I guess I should be fine then :)
A writeup is always handy thou.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts