Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Step up to da Plate!!
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went in on the group buy........and just got my sr-i500 last week

purchased the hi-jack ignition disabler and was wondering if anyone can help me out with what wire to cut!!! (where is it actually located)

when installing the main modular did you place it under the riders seat or passenger seat.

I have a 98 R1 and even after reading the repair manual the wiring diagram is confusing, and just splicing wires to splice is not kool.....

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
i don't know if the company has changed or not,but i wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire.i bought one of their systems for my zx-11 and it was a total piece of $hit.i had it installed at a car radio and alarm place because i had never messed with wiring harnesses before....long story short...after the 4th control box(which was hosed in the trunk under the seat) went bad(woke me up in the middle of the night with the siren going off and the pager beeping) i sent it back to them for inspection and they found oil in the box....and then accused me of immersing it in oil....we had a big argument and i PROMISED them that i would tell as many people as i could about their $hit attitudes.

my advice...stay as far away as you can from them.:mad:

·
Faster than a Speeding Bullet
414 Posts
Well, I heard that you cut the solid blue wire that runs into the little box under the seat. You'll notice three wires, a blue one, a yellow one, and a blue/black one. I did the install a couple of days ago, and I can't get the bike to start, so it could be one of two things, one that wasn't the right wire to cut, or two their ignition kill isn't working. So I'm going to uninstall it, and try some other method.

If anybody else has already installed this, help us out.

·
Banned
3,454 Posts
Man, that aint going to stop them from throwing it in the back of a truck then when their alone, open the seat up and finding out what youve done, fit it and sell it. Hell, they would probably sell off all the farings first then the bike.

·
Step up to da Plate!!
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
paid $299 on the group buy with 3 accessory choices......I chose wire kit, anti-hi-jack, back up battery system

I think I'm going to wait on the install......it just snowed about 1-2 inches today

under the seat there are 2 fuse boxes 1 on the left and 1 on the right (main fuse)

which fuse box and wire colors should be cut....

I really don't want to pay a dealer for this .....probably charge an hour rate $70

·
The Blue One's are FASTER!!!!
2,467 Posts
I did not bother getting the anti-hijack, I went for the perimitor sensor instead.:fact

1 - 8 of 8 Posts