Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you guys have one on your bike ?

The general opinion is that it keeps the chain lubed beautifully but can anyone tell me if a "Gold" finish chain would remain shiny or would you need to wipe the sideplates down with a soft cloth to maintain the lustre ?

thanks

:hellobye

·
aka `GoBabyGo`
1,139 Posts
Don't know about the gold finish but I have some friends with scottoilers and they have all stopped using them.

For the simple reason that on more than one occasion the pipe connecting to the reservoir disconnected while we where riding and pissed all the oil onto the rear wheel! Lets just say that the next corner you go into will be very interesting! :lol

My 0.2
GBG

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your response Gobaby !

thats one angle that i never thought about !!

but wont something simple like a clamp clip on the pipes help avoid such a situation ?

·
Registered
14,085 Posts
Nah,a proper installation would prevent that......hehe

I"ve been enjoying mine for over 3 years now,no problems except that the little pipe that distibute the oil on the chain may catch the chain if its too close on top speed runs.......what I did to cure this is melt the tip of the pipe with a lighter,insert it in the tube as its suppose to be then applied marine silicone so it wont fall.

From then on,all you got to do is wipe the chain with a cloth from time-to-time and voila......long lasting chain.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts