Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got the scotts installed. everything went smoothly except I was concerned about the 36mm head nut. I torqued it to 85lbs but when the head nut still sits well above the threads. is that normal? Look at pic below. The bracket is sitting flat on the triple tree. I dremeled the triple tree cover so I can keep it on there. So with everything installed correctly, is it normal to have alot of threads above the threaded pipe where the head nut threads too? thanks.

Attachments

·
THEY CALLED ME SWEETNESS!!!!!!
6,538 Posts
I can't remember exactly if I had extra threads showing or not (it's been a while), but your installation looks fine to me. If it sits flush, and you have it torqued down to 85 ft/lbs, then I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. (I also notice you have a shit load of loctite on it as well :lol)

You may want to wait on a few more opinions before you ride, but all looks fine to me....

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
R1Fanatic said:
I can't remember exactly if I had extra threads showing or not (it's been a while), but your installation looks fine to me. If it sits flush, and you have it torqued down to 85 ft/lbs, then I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. (I also notice you have a shit load of loctite on it as well :lol)

You may want to wait on a few more opinions before you ride, but all looks fine to me....
Thanks man! Yup...loctite all the bolts exept for the two allen bolts that secures the scotts to the bracket. I got some security bolts that I still need to put on. :thumbup ..man those small screws were a pain in the ass though especially with my thick ass fingers :no . But all in all..the installation was a snap.

BTW...was wondering what setting you have yours at? I turned it all the way to hard....then about 6 clicks back. I have yet to try it out (its raining out here in SUNNY socal :rant ).

:bow :bow

·
Yamaha or nothing.
304 Posts
I don't remember the threads on mine, been a while, but I've just left it at stock settings, it has worked perfect and made a world of difference

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
02YAMAHAR1 said:
I don't remember the threads on mine, been a while, but I've just left it at stock settings, it has worked perfect and made a world of difference
thanks. what are the stock settings btw?

·
Registered
88 Posts
if I were you I'd trim that carbon cover to let the bolt titten on the tripple clamp. I don't have any thred showing on mine. I have a champ edition and hed to move the little sticker that tells whan model number it is. good luck.

·
Registered
88 Posts
never mind i see thank you already did. sorry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts