Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Can billy come out and play?
190 Posts
Have Scotts on the R1, and a Ohlins on the duc. Backed off the Ohlins on the duc and it scared the shit out of me once, when it tank slapped. On the street the Scotts on the R1 is backed off too, and when it tried to tank slap the Scotts always took care of it before anything got bad. But with the Scotts you got to remember to use lock tite on all the retaining hardware. Maybe its because the R1 is easier to ride, and when you back off the setting on the Ohlins it turns it off while on the Scotts it will still work when needed just not as active.

Allen

·
ANOTHER TRACK ADDICT
417 Posts
I like my Matris, similar to Ohlins in quality, but not quite as common as the ohlins.

G

·
the scotts is great in every acpect accept that im tall and ill bump my chin on it.

i ride like a mad man, and the scotts has taken care of everything i could throw at it

·
For the Love of.........Riding
6,669 Posts
Scotts feels better IMO than the Ohlins and looks betta too

Rode both back to back on 2 02 R1's and like the Scotts

.02 <----- my

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
Got ohlins and love it, but both are outstanding.

·
Registered
406 Posts
kc1717 said:
you wont be dissapointed
:iamwithst I just put mine on a couple of days ago and its true what they say...it makes a whole world of difference! I can't believe I've been riding without it. I don't have any experience with the Ohlins but the install was easy and I love how you can adjust it on the fly. I feel so much more confident on the turns and in the twisties. My front end feels so much more controlled and planted for some reason. BIG :thumbup

·
Can i bum $1
883 Posts
Hey...anyone ever heard that Ohlins makes Scotts? Had someone tell me this. Also said that Scotts orginally were primary made for off road use and they started making one for road bikes.

Just curious on what you all thought about that?

·
Insanity Please
2,200 Posts
I like the look of the Scotts dampner.
Working in the aerospace industry: compactness and non-intrusive is a big plus in my book.

Depending on my riding, will be also a factor if I need one.

Cheers Warp

·
190 Posts
djetch said:
Hey...anyone ever heard that Ohlins makes Scotts? Had someone tell me this. Also said that Scotts orginally were primary made for off road use and they started making one for road bikes.

Just curious on what you all thought about that?
Its true, I think it use to be on Ohlins web site at one time too.

Allen

·
Bike No. 86
7,438 Posts
here we go again....yet another great debate...continues long into the sunset/rise...

ohlins b/c its pretty to look at, oh and its the shit... scotts is great too..

;)

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
ohlins never made dampers for scotts. scotts owns the patent of the rotary damper. ohlins bought the rights to use the design for the one they make for offroad ONLY. The ohlins rotary damper is not compatible with any scotts mounting kit. check out www.scottsonline.com ;)

·
190 Posts
Heres a picture of a Ohlins/Scotts style damper that I got off a overseas web site a while ago. I actually saw a couple on ebay too about the same time, but the bids got way over $450 for just the unit with no adaptor.

Allen

I went to the Ohlins web site and its still there. I think it would be neat to have and just to be a little diffrent.

http://www.ohlins.com/mc_sd_mx.shtml

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts