Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Be Good, or good at it!
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just testing the waters here...not sure how many divers we have here. I have a complete rig that I havent used since moving to North Carolina. Here is all of it...

ScubaPro GS250/MK10 reg setup

Scubapro Classic BC..has a great pad on it and steel retainers instead of those crappy velcro ones

Scuba Pro Air2

Ewatec Nitrox Alladin Sport..thing was in the water 1 time at 40 ft and that is it. It was a warranty replacement of my other computer and I paid the extra 160 bucks to upgrade it and hten never used it. The one dive on it is from a quarry and thats it

I also have 3 custom wetsuits, cressi sub frog fins, and a ton of other stuff lying around, but shipping is probably more than it would be worth. If there are any interested parties drop me a line. It is criminal to see this stuff just lying around. I was stationed in Japan for a while which is why I took up scuba diving, but now that I am here on the east coast I just cant get into it anymore. Little too expensive for my tastes since it used to cost me 3 bucks for a 2 tank dive at 100 feet on a coral wall and now its 300 bucks for an open ocean with about 15 ft vis and a 3 hour boat ride.

I am 6ft and 180 lbs...I can look up the size of the BC if any are interested.

Thanks

·
Be Good, or good at it!
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am looking to get in the 650 range for all of it. I didnt expect anyone to want the suits since they are taylor made for me..LOL I will get some pics together.

·
Bikeless, but looking!!
685 Posts
You should keep the gear and starting hitting the wrecks off the coast of NC and SC. I've actualy heard there is some pretty good diving off the coasts from a dive shop in Charlotte. But I am still interested in the gear however.

·
Be Good, or good at it!
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, there are a ton of wrecks out here...there are even a few german U-boats from WWII off the coast, but it costs a small fortune to hit them. Talking 250 - 300 a head for the boat charter and then 50 bucks for the tanks etc... When I was diving in Japan I was with the USMC and they charged us 1 dollar for a tank rental and another 1 dollar for the air fill. LOL I cant bring myself to spend more on 1 single dive than I did the whole year I was in Japan. :(

·
We love the subs!
3,302 Posts
Where in Japan were you stationed? I got most of my PADI certifications while stationed there too. I worked for a dive shop as a divemaster just outside of Camp Schwab called "Uncle Larry's" in Henoko back in 1991.

·
Be Good, or good at it!
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was at Camp Hansen for just over a year. Got my certs from a guy named Jack Traywick who worked for MWR. My Dive buddy ended up becoming an instructor...you may know him since he is still there in Oki as an MWR instructor, his name is John White.

Anyhow, here are some pics of the gear...

If you are really interested in it I would make a suggestion...get teh wrist mount for the computer and hte compass, and then get that miniature pressure guage they have now from scuba pro. I had a different console before when my computer was round, but when they warrantied it out they gave me this universal console which is a bit large for my tastes. But they did give me a new compass too since my old one was integrated into the console. If you look at the pic of the instructions for the computer you will see you can make it a wrist mount for about 12 bucks. Also, hte regs supposedly have a lifetime warranty, I will see if I can find the cards that I got from scubapro for the warranty, but they are lost in my attic with my dive log and all my PADI books for rescue dive, openwater and all that crap.

anyhow, let me know.

·
We love the subs!
3,302 Posts
Some of the best diving of my life was over there. You have some great stuff. You should keep it. You will hate yourself for getting rid of it when you use it again (and you will).

·
Bikeless, but looking!!
685 Posts
R1SpeedMaster said:
Some of the best diving of my life was over there. You have some great stuff. You should keep it. You will hate yourself for getting rid of it when you use it again (and you will).
:iamwithst I agree, but damn I wish I had $650 now!!

·
Voodoo!!
7,623 Posts
R1SpeedMaster said:
Where in Japan were you stationed? I got most of my PADI certifications while stationed there too. I worked for a dive shop as a divemaster just outside of Camp Schwab called "Uncle Larry's" in Henoko back in 1991.
I was at Camp Schwab for 2 weeks before transferring to 3MarDiv Schools on Camp Hansen. Spent 3 years there and got my dive certs. from Sgt. Miller. Probally not there anymore as that was 15 years ago.

Small world!!

Did a couple of cave dives, Naha had some nice water down the southern tip of the island!

Voodoo

·
Be Good, or good at it!
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah I would love to be able to use it!!! heheheh I remember every friday night for a year 5 - 6 of us would head over to Mita Point and do 2 night dives, get up around 10 am and hit the toilet bowl for 2 day dives and then usually catch another 2 dives on sunday. I wish this was the gear I had then!! hahahah SInce I was a lowly Cpl in the USMC I was sporting all Sherwood back then. The GS250 is just an awsome reg...it has 2 different flow controls on it so I never really got all the dry mouth once i opened it up. The wife is wanting to buy a horse and she bitches at me every day because of all the stuff I have and never use...and the scuba gear is always top of the list since she see's teh wetsuits in teh closet every day. I figure in a few years I may be able to move back to florida and if I do then I will investing the same 1500 bucks I got in this stuff all over again....but you know how "The Hammer" (nickname for my wife) can get about things.

·
We love the subs!
3,302 Posts
VoodooDsims said:
I was at Camp Schwab for 2 weeks before transferring to 3MarDiv Schools on Camp Hansen. Spent 3 years there and got my dive certs. from Sgt. Miller. Probally not there anymore as that was 15 years ago.

Small world!!

Did a couple of cave dives, Naha had some nice water down the southern tip of the island!

Voodoo
I was at Schwab for a year, well, technically I was stationed at the ammo dump there, and we were up the loooooong stairs to Camp Henoko. Good times, good times...

·
Be Good, or good at it!
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was with 7th CommBn there on Hansen. Got to go out on a few different Ops though...saw Thailand, Korea, and main land japan. Who misses Gate 2 and the Naha Music Company (The Stage :corn ) HAHAHAH Or Whisper Alley..pssst hey marine... LOL

·
We love the subs!
3,302 Posts
RedRider0151 said:
I was with 7th CommBn there on Hansen. Got to go out on a few different Ops though...saw Thailand, Korea, and main land japan. Who misses Gate 2 and the Naha Music Company (The Stage :corn ) HAHAHAH Or Whisper Alley..pssst hey marine... LOL
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!! I went down to the stage. Man, that was funnier than hell!!! And good old Sin-ville. With club Shangri-la and countless other little boobie bars.

"Buy me drinkie" :lol :lol :lol

·
We love the subs!
3,302 Posts
Oh, what was the name of that bar by whisper alley that had the old lady do the banana show? That was so gross, but I could help to watch it, 4 or 5 times. :lol One of my friends actually went up there too & ate the banana. :ugh

·
Be Good, or good at it!
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
every going away party we ever threw was right there at the Shangra-La...hahahahah My roomate dj'd at one of the heavy metal bars tehre...I think it was called the east coast...I forget its been so long. I wonder what people in teh states would think of us going down there for TCR and a bottle of Mojo!! hahahah

Yeah, I got your Mojo Austin Powers!!! hahahahha 15 bucks a bottle!!!

·
We love the subs!
3,302 Posts
I thought that the best mojo was served at a bar called the Rainbow??? in Kinville. It was piss warm, but I could never drink more than 1 bottle of it. It was so yummy. I don't know what was in it, and honestly I don't care to know either. Good stuff.

·
WHERE'D WHO GO?
1,273 Posts
how much for the computer? I need one. Alos how much for the otctopuss? Let me know. By the way I was in Florida the week before ike week and did 4 straight days of diving. It was cheap. Might be worth your time to drive down on a friday, dive sat/sun and drive back. Pretty good visability too.

·
Be Good, or good at it!
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yup..in the Rainbow...I remember they played actual lp's there..you picked htem out...for those too young to remember..the big records that ran at 33..LOL

1 - 20 of 33 Posts