9,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Come on down Florida peeps!

We will be racing the road course at Homestead Miami Speedway this
weekend. Over 30 class championships will be decided by this race, so
the heat is on! :lol

Racers come down from all over the country to race this event and this
leads to awesome competition. We will be playing for keeps. Look out
for over 800 registered racers and many more spectators.

Homestead is a great track, with awesome spots to watch the action all
over the track and great facilities. Full access to the pits and riders.
Bring a grill, bring some beers, or if you really want to look cool, bring
some chicks! :epimp (and all of the above :lol)

Just take the Turnpike south until it ends, left at the first light 344th
(Palm Dr.) and it takes you right to the track.

Any questions ask away!

-Lars

·
Track bound.
9,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I might just head down there on the bike and check it out! Maybe I'll bring the "gear" along and snag some shots of you on-track.

That would be awesome! :sneaky

My good friend, and our main track-side photog, will be off racing mountain bikes instead of shooting.

I'm going to bring down an HD camcorder, but am not sure who a: can be trained to shoot some decent footage and b: can trust not to break it! :lol

·
CURVE
2,417 Posts
i think my boy lloyd bailey is coming down for that race. he mentioned some race in florida to me the other night.

·
Forum Moderator
32,430 Posts
Giv'em hell Lars!!!

·
CURVE
2,417 Posts
ay i told my boy to look at for you. here's a pic of him.
he rides a gix 1000 as well, you guys are probably gonna be in the same race.

Attachments

·
Track bound.
9,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ok so whats the result from sun?

Practice went so-so, but I was able to make improvements to the bike and the times were not so bad for being off the thing for 6 months.

From the second row on the grid in EX GTO I was lined up right behind Jeff Wood. I decided to scoot a little further to the right so I had some clear track ahead and was only about a foot off the wall. I nailed the launch got around Wood on the outside into turn one and fell in behind the Columbian crazy man, Villa who took the holeshot. I was feeling good and ready to push myself hard. I think I lost a spot exiting 3 and was in 3rd or 4th into turn 4. I turned in, then WHAM. Suddenly I am hanging off the side of the bike, feel my brake lever snap in my hand then get thrown over the high side to the ground. Luckily 4 is a fairly slow corner and no other bikes got tangled up. So, it was Darren Luck that ass packed me, claiming then that he was hit from behind. Turns out he wasn't

I was really pissed that in a 9 lap race he would make such a bonehead move so early. But, I guess that's just racing. I didn't fair too badly just a scraped knee, pulled shoulder. knock on the head, misc charlie horses. My bike got a little mangled, but the damn Vortex rearsets are so strong that they broke off the frame mount tabs ending my day before it started.

Waking up at 6AM again today, I feel like hammered shit. Everything hurts, stiff and sore.

No regrets though, I just wish I could have had a chance to mix it up with my favorite racers instead of spectating. Maybe I'll win the lotto and have some backup bikes next year! :lol

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.