Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
R1 `The Power of Precision`
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know when the March shipments are due out? My local dealership here in the Rochester area (Cycle Enterprise) only got 1 red 04 in about 2 weeks ago. 1 friggin bike - how sad is that. Waiting on this next shipment because he is supposed to get 1 red and 1 blue. Anyone have any idea at all when they should be in? Talking with my dealer is as painful as pulling my tongue out through my [email protected]@!! He doesn't seem to know a thing about what he is getting, when he is getting it, or what color it will be for sure. How do the manufacturers and these dealers do business when they leave EVERYONE, including themselves, in the dark?

·
Power Hungry
330 Posts
Same thing over here. My dealer is supposed to get like 20 R1's. But it's like you said, they don't know. Their famous answer is "They'll get here when they get here". :(

·
Registered
190 Posts
my friend had a deposit on a blue 04. It was part of there second delivery. Know the dealer is saying there might not be a second delivery as expected. He's PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm getting my red 04' monday!:sneaky

·
Banned
9,594 Posts
r1conobe said:
my friend had a deposit on a blue 04. It was part of there second delivery. Know the dealer is saying there might not be a second delivery as expected. He's PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm getting my red 04' monday!:sneaky
The dealer I buy all my motorcycles from said they are only getting eight '04 R1s in this year. The number of '02 R1s they got were small as well. And mind you, they are not a small dealer.

·
My R1 is P.H.A.T.
61 Posts
Im buying my blue 04 r1 out of hatfield, pa POC is Todd the best deal in PA 9699 OTD said that my bike should be here soon but not date.Waiting sucks!

·
PWN3R
1,396 Posts
same here dealer said march is the second shipment but when ?
who the fook knows. He recieved 3 silver ones but no sign of blue or red! which is strange..... I think yamaha ran out of blue paint

·
Registered
41 Posts
March Shipment

NYR1MAN,

I am waiting for mine from Tom also.... looking at the end of March......

I bought a warrior from him earlier and will have it back in for the recall when the R1 arives... unfortunately the snow also arrived again ....

Bob C.
Springwater, NY

·
Registered
447 Posts
I'm also waiting. I'm from Newburgh, NY and its not due til the end of march. I can't friggin' wait.. Even though the weather is crappy I still want to be able to open the garage door and just stare at the damn thing. I can look at the bike all night long. :sneaky

·
When In doubt...More Throttle!
86 Posts
I jost got a Courtesy Call From my dealership this morning: Advising me that the Silver should be in about Two weeks....!

I Guess he got tired of me calling & decided to beat me to the punch.

I'm stickin' with this dealer Located in upstate NY , 'cause they have been very patient w/ me. Even though I know i'm being a Pain in the Bum!

·
Teh one wheel peel!!!
451 Posts
i put down a deposit today since the damn dealer sold a blue one out from under me yesterday, no dealer ive spoken with in nc has one availible but i have heard from two different shops that yamaha is behind in shipping about 4 weeks:no

·
Registered
37 Posts
Boogie Down who'd you buy yours from? I ordered my silver one from Troy City Garage and they said sometime in March but I just can't wait.

·
Ghostrider Squadron
9,251 Posts
well i work for dealership. i just got mine...our first shipment last thursday. it was due in february. showed up mar 5. yes dealers are in dark. we place orders at after the october show for sport bikes. and we get a delivery month...thats all. once bike hits dock it will appear on the dealer site YDS. then it should be in in 8-10 days. sorry we know nothing when it comes to bikes coming in. especially multi line dealerships.its sucks for all!!

·
Registered
447 Posts
1longR1 said:
well i work for dealership. i just got mine...our first shipment last thursday. it was due in february. showed up mar 5. yes dealers are in dark. we place orders at after the october show for sport bikes. and we get a delivery month...thats all. once bike hits dock it will appear on the dealer site YDS. then it should be in in 8-10 days. sorry we know nothing when it comes to bikes coming in. especially multi line dealerships.its sucks for all!!
Thanks for the inside scoop 1longR1.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts