Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
What Would Rossi Do?
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2002 Yamaha R1 Race Bike in top WERA/CCS SS race form.

Bike needs nothing but a good paint job and a fast rider!

Bike was professionally setup and maintained by Stuart Anderson in Atlanta, GA. All of Stuart Anderson?s notes and receipts for work are available with the bike.

The bike has a salvage title in GA. This was my street bike until a track day mishap at little Talladega track. Bike sustained minimal damage on the right side. I decided to make it a full on race bike and it was rebuilt as such. Bike was completely torn down by Stuart after a low-side at little Talladega, and was reassembled bolt by bolt to proper specs and torques with visual QC marks and safety wiring. Here's a link to some pictures taken when Stuart was rebuilding the bike at his shop: http://picasaweb.google.com/shawn.cartwright/2002YamahaR1ForSale

Parts Run Down:
Vortex Sprockets, Rear sets (GP Shift), Triple Clamp, Clip-ons, Gas Cap, etc...

Full Akropovic Exhaust, EXUP sensor bypassed with chip. Custom fabricated exhaust hanger.

Graves Velocity Stacks, Higher Pressure Inlet for Fuel Rail, Slide Stops, K&N Filter, Power Commander III, and Mapping done on Factory Pro Eddy Current Dyno - pulls like mad throughout the rev range all the way up to redline and she feels like she's still got more as she approaches the limiter.

Custom bracket for fuel tank that allows the tank to be removed without removing the Scott's Steering Damper - a priceless modification here (Saves a lot of time and effort)!

Vortex or Graves Fairing Stay with custom brackets for Laptimer and radiator overflow catch bottle (Strategically placed in the riders field of view while tucked into the cockpit - you can see if your radiator is experiencing technical difficulties right away).

New Barnet Race Clutch - When Stuart installed it during the racebike conversion, the stock clutch, which had 15K road miles and 5 or 6 trackdays on it, showed zero wear and looked brand new! We put the Barnet setup in anyway and clutch is perfect.
Braded SS brake lines all around.

Hotbodies Race Glass, already fitted to the bike, lined up and everything. I even have the Dzus fasteners for it. Just needs prep and paint...

RBC replacement engine covers - heavy duty.
Penske rear shock - triple clicker - best available at the time...
Traxxion Dynamics did the 'works' package on the front forks and installed/setup the rear and front for a 200# rider.

I'm sure that I'm forgetting a lot of stuff, but I have a spare set of Rims with rotors (Good Condish) and lots of spare do-dads, a different size Vortex rear sprocket, extra EBK chain, levers, and such.

Brand new Yamaha OEM R1 radiator installed recently - it just needed it because the old one's fins were starting to look really ratty...

This bike is properly set up. Countless hours were spent on this bike getting everything just right by a professional race mechanic with decades of experience at the top levels of racing. Additional hours were spent by Stuart customizing parts to save weight and increase rider-friendliness. When you see this bike up close, you will know what 'race craft' means.

This bike has low track hours after the full race prep. I did a handful of WERA races during one weekend at Barber's, and 4 track days after that. Now it just sits in the garage, only to be cranked once a week for the maintenance-run around the back of the 'hood.

I hate to sell this bike as it is my Baby! Not really kidding here... ;^)

Due to work and a relatively new and growing family business, I haven't had the time for a track day, let alone racing. It doesn't look like I'll have time to run her on a track for at least a year. So, I made a deal with 'Satan' (One of my pet names for my lovely wife!) that if I sold the bike, I could get a new one in a year, have Stuart work his mad scientist magic on it, and have a solid race budget for it.

Here's what the bike needs:

1. Paint prep and painting.

2. Possibly an under tail if you feel you need one.

3. DOT Race Tires (Geometry set up for Dunlop 208 GPAs - 185/55 rears).

This bike has passed WERA tech inspections several times - receiving compliments each time. It is eligible for all WERA liter bike classes.

FYI ~ this price includes XT laptimer, beacon, tire warmers, transponder, stands, etc... If you do not need these items, we can negotiate the price accordingly. Not going to part out the actual bike though...

At this price ($6K) it is a complete package and ready to race. This bike has ran fast times at Barber and Road A with me riding it. It is a well sorted, extremely fast package.

The bike is straight as an arrow. It out performs newer bikes because it is 'dialed in' (Thanks to Stu). I don't like to brag, but I'd proudly/favorably compare this race bike setup to anything else out there other than the factory bikes. The engine is bone stock. The bike is in extremely sound race shape, I would not hesitate to race this bike tomorrow in any class, even endurance. This bike will compete with anything out on the grid today. It is 'THAT' fast and 'THAT' sorted... Why guess with some other bike and setup when you could run a fully sorted/documented platform!
Valve clearances were recently checked and have less than 20hrs track time on them since tune up. Oil and filter was religiously changed after every other track day. New NGK plugs. This bike was basically gone over by my master mechanic after every other outing. I constantly had him refining things on it like making brackets for the laptimer, this, that, etc... Not to mention that if it was in his shop, he'd start fixing refining other bits that I'd not really asked him to, just because he wanted to 'make it better'. I cannot say enough about how well the bike is prepared, and it comes with Stuart's meticulous notes on everything he's done to it, reasons why, and all adjustments. Little things like pieces of measurement tape cut and adhered to the triple clamps so that you have reference for adjusting the clip-on?s, and the ability to put them back on the exact same way every time. We're talking about a mechanic with "Obsessive Compulsive Disorder" that basically rebuilt this bike from the ground up. Not really exaggerating here folks... He's probably spent over 100 hours prepping the bike. I have the receipts to prove it. I?ve Probably paid him $7 to $9 grand over the last 2 years for his work and materials. This bike has all the 'good kit' and a lot of custom one-off bits to make the 'good kit' work better. This bike easily has $25K into it.

I can work with you on the price. Current price includes everything I have for the bike, plus PitBull Stands (Front/Rear with the special Yammy pin for the front), Steering Damper (Scott's), XT Lap Timer and Beacon (Includes Battery for the beacon), Spare levers etc.., WERA AMB Transponder (~$300 at least), spare street plastics (Not entire a complete set, but not far from it), spare wiring harness, Extra set of Rims with good rotors, Takeoffs, spare chain and sprocket, misc bits. Ignition has been removed and by-passed, leaving you with a simple all weather toggle switch to turn on the electronics and prime the fuel pump, then you just press the starter button... The wiring harness has even been trimmed down (Not 'hacked' or 'butchered') and if you ever want to run lights for endurance racing or what not, the lighting wires are labeled and ready to be hooked up. It's all kinds of 'little things' that when you see this bike the first time, you'll probably miss, but when you live with it and race, you'll say, "Dayumn! This guy spend waaay too much time prepping this bike, but I'm glad he did!"

This is pretty much a complete turn-key racing setup, minus a pretty paint job, generator, EZ-Up, Umbrella Girl, and trailer... There's a lot included in this package... In other words, bring a decent sized trailer with you when you come to pick up the bike.

Oh, I forgot to mention that tire warmers are included as well. All of my racing kit is in good shape. I take care of my stuff.

If there is stuff that you don't need, we can knock off some of the price. Make offers, but please realize that I do not NEED to sell her, so do not waste my time with rediculously low offers.

I am also willing to trade for a well sorted quad or MX bike plus cash. Possibly even a small bass boat and cash. Let me know what you got...

I'm asking $6000, OBO. Transportation is your concern, but I'm willing to work with you on arrangements, time permitting. The bike is currently garaged in Tampa, FL 33647.

This is a fantastic deal on a great SS 1000cc racing package, folks... If you're thinking about racing an R1, don't waste a lot of time, effort, and money on yours or another's R1. This one is EXPERTLY PREPPED to WERA SS REGS - I.e. ready to go race, and it is a deadly serious track instrument. If you can't win races with this bike, you can rest assured that the problem lies with you and not the bike! LOL

·
What Would Rossi Do?
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks, guys. I know it is very complete b/c I raced with it, and spent a lot of time, effort, and money working with Stuart to get her just right.

There are a lot of custom 'bits on this bike, folks. Pipe hanger, brackets, linkage for the GP shift (Titanium rod and bits). Everything on it was done with two things in mind, reduce weight and improve functionality - I.e. 'ease of use'. Levers are drilled/notched for break-away during a crash. It's got the 'shark-fin' guard on the swing-arm - keeps out the fingers and toes (Little piggies) in case of unplanned dismount!

Dig the Avatar, Devil! ;)

BTW, the bungee cord in the pictures is there to hold up the kickstand. The kick stand is only on it for maneuvering it around the garage / shop. It is easily & quickly removed for racing - drops right out...

·
What Would Rossi Do?
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bump!

·
What Would Rossi Do?
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bumpenstein!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.