Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 2000 R1 and get the 7200 - to 0 - to actual rpm bouncing on the tach. It does have an aftermarket muffler on it, and I have heard of using a servo eliminator or plug, and something about an Exup valve. Any ideas? Thanks. - Scott

· Registered
187 Posts
There can be serveral reasons for the 0-7000 EXUP fault code. It could be that the servo is broken, not connected, the valve canbe seized and the wires can be broken or too tight. It would be beneficial for you to check first what the problem might be before looking into servo eliminators. You only need one if you are to remove the servo, which there is no reason for unless you are building a racebike.

If the valve is seized its not too hard to repair it. If the servo is broken a used one is not too expensive. If the wires are broken they can be repaired or replaced.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So the EXUP was seized. I got it removed cleaned and lubed. The cables move freely, and I adjusted those with 1.5 mm of play. The are not too tight, but the servo still ratchets/clicks while opening/closing the EXUP. QUESTION --> Does the servo either work or not...or can the gears inside wear out causing an issue like mine? I still get the 0-7000 tach code, so I am thinking about just disconnecting the cables. Would this cause any problems for me, or just slightly less performance? Thanks.

· Registered
187 Posts
The small nylon ratchet sinside the servo might have broken due to it being seized. Its not uncommon. The servo needs to be replaced.
Just disconnecting the servo will make the bike have less power up to 4500 rpm. It doesn't make it undriveable though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.