Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 382 Posts

·
Sinner
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:hellobye This is the 2nd thread that I started for the SG and neighbouring countries for us to discuss and share the interest for our Bike. For the last topic we were discussing was a geathering. :cool:

The place and time will be as Follow 08/06/02 Sat, 9pm at Kallang KFC .

These R the ppl that had confirm their appearences...

R1_Singapore (of course :D )
Mobius

Those who like to come pls leave ur name and contact. :thumbup

Gathering is for us to share each other experiences, questions and 'Lobangs'. :thumbup
'No 1 should ride alone.' The happiest part of riding is to meet ppl of the same passion.

·
Registered
79 Posts
er... like my name newbie suggests... I actually know jack-shit about repair stuff and all... so I will be milking information from you dudes like mad.. :)

but.. I am on for the meeting...

:)

·
Sinner
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:p Don't worry that no 1 will be there cos me and my friz r meeting there too... there is only 1 '02 model in my group now so mobius u can share and discuess ur Q wif him.:thumbup

Guy in case u all do not noe where to lok for us just park wif the bigest group of R1 or 6 u see that will most probly be us.:D

·
Registered
79 Posts
ah.. the wonders of working in an advertising agency...
basically my art director did that pix up for me. He etched out the background and planted another one.

There are some others if you wanna take a peek.
http://photos.yahoo.com/takenliao

after that... it won't be difficult to figure out who I am and the licence plate.

Remember to say hi to me when you see me...

:)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Very Cool Photos Newbie:thumbup

Sorry I couldn't call you back that day, coz I was enroute to Sepang in KL. Hey R!_Singapore you should have been there man. You would have enjoyed it :D

I think there's another track day at Sepang again next month. You guys might want to check it out:bash

·
Sinner
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice Pic ..

:cool: Can u do the same for me if i sent u my pic?? Is that a OW that u r wearing? Always wanted to get that.:mad: U guys r online right now?? like to come out?:eek:

·
Registered
79 Posts
erm... let's put it that way.. I might have to sacrifice myself if I want more pix like that...

and yes.. that is an OW, but honestly it does jack shit when you are going fast... cool factor of 10, but usage factor of about 7... cos it gets darn noisy and shaky when you are going at above 150...

as for the track day... hmm.. I need the get the kit for it.. arrange with you guys when I have the gear.. anyone knows where to get them cheap? I don't mind second hand..

;)

·
Registered
93 Posts
sg_r1_newbie said:
erm... let's put it that way.. I might have to sacrifice myself if I want more pix like that...

and yes.. that is an OW, but honestly it does jack shit when you are going fast... cool factor of 10, but usage factor of about 7... cos it gets darn noisy and shaky when you are going at above 150...

as for the track day... hmm.. I need the get the kit for it.. arrange with you guys when I have the gear.. anyone knows where to get them cheap? I don't mind second hand..

;)
Hmmm....yeah I have a friend selling his Nankai 1Pcs Suit for about $400. I think it's a good price considering the suit ; although not new, it's still in pretty good condition.

As for the rest of your gear, it really depends on your budget. If you're on avery tight budget, I would suggest Ah Boy, but I have to ware you some of their things are not of very good quality. You might also want to check out BikeTech 21 (Look for Shah or Mustafa) They sell quality gear and prices are pretty cheap. They've got special offers on boots now, so you might want to check them out.

Last but definitely not least, you can go to Motoworld. Prices are a bit higher, but can negotiate and once you get to know them, they can give very good prices. They stoch a whole range of racing gear.

If you want, drop me an SMS and I can bring you around if you want to go shopping :D

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've got most everything already... only missing thing is the suit!!!

and I have to go shopping.. :cool: anyone has any idea how much a tinted Double bubble screen costs??? Dying to change one...

:iamwithst

·
Sinner
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi

:hellobye really been some time my pc is giveing me problem so i won't be keep track here for awhile. :( the wind shield u can buy MRA 1 from motorwold for $120. buy a few more thing can ask for discount.:thumbup

·
Registered
93 Posts
If you're gonna be racing the bike, I'd highly recommend a Clear Zero Gravity instead of a tinted on. Zero Gravity currently makes one of the optically clearest windscreens on the market. Better than MRA. I think you can get it from Unity or MotorSales Centre.

Give me a call if you need help......;)

·
R1 just as good as...
105 Posts
Hi everyone:hellobye I'm back. Been missing for quite some time. Well, this is because my cpu crush and have just got it repair today.

Have read all the previous posts and found myself missing out on a lot of things.

Regrading the brake hoses, still need my help?

Think we shd meet up one of this days. Will be good if on friday nite or sat nite.

BTW, this forum :rock

·
Sinner
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:cool: just fix up my pc, now back in business... But nowadays concentrate mor on World Cup.. hehe:p

Welcome back Speeder... abt the steel brake hose could u give me the no. to call?? I shall discuss wif the guy abt the price... Motovation.. rite:confused:
:thumbup Thx

1 - 20 of 382 Posts
About this Discussion
381 Replies
22 Participants
faizkj
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing