Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

341 - 360 of 382 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
damn! i don't even dare to change from 1st to 2nd at that kind of breakneck speed. :D

won't it be noisy and clunky if you change from 1st to 2nd at more than 10000rpm?

·
Banned
1,285 Posts
nope the 2004 clutch is like butter! whats up homies

·
WiLL SmOkE yA LiKe A CigArEttE
634 Posts
hi guys, i'm from kl, m'sia. living working and riding in melbourne australia. i'm going to bring back my bikes (currently 2002 r1), and whatever other bikes i get in the next few months to m'sia and probably will bring back a 2004 r1 instead once i get it within the next few months. just wanted to chat a little here and make a few friends so that i have ppl to ride with once i get back. cheers

·
634 Posts
r1diculous said:
damn! i don't even dare to change from 1st to 2nd at that kind of breakneck speed. :D

won't it be noisy and clunky if you change from 1st to 2nd at more than 10000rpm?
my recomendation to u is to do clutchless changes if u don't want to spend the money to mod your gear shift. it works wonders once u get it right and u'll never get a missed shift again. just something i picked up from me very very experienced bike friend a long time ago. cheers

·
634 Posts
by the way, can anybody tell me what an 2003/2004 r1 cost in m'sia compared to singapore if they sell any at all... i know u can import them, but not sure if any dealerships exist in m'sia for supersport bikes

·
Banned
1,285 Posts
now....seriously, if i ever see a a litre bike in Malaysia, that owner must be someone of importance or just plenty rich. I rarely see any bike that has more then 400cc in Malaysia. i believe the cost of cars are about the same as bikes i assume. its been a while for me. i've been in the States too long

·
Banned
1,285 Posts
hes me getting ready for track action

·
634 Posts
R1one said:
now....seriously, if i ever see a a litre bike in Malaysia, that owner must be someone of importance or just plenty rich. I rarely see any bike that has more then 400cc in Malaysia. i believe the cost of cars are about the same as bikes i assume. its been a while for me. i've been in the States too long
well, i'll probably be one of the few seeing that i'm bringing whatever litre bikes i have by the time i go back to m'sia which might be next year or this... so definitely an 04 r1 although i'm no one important or rich. :lol

·
Registered
207 Posts
Alright, Gents -- Southern Moto called me a couple of hours ago and told me that my '04 is all ready to be picked-up. I am leaving work in an hour and should have it by 6:00PM tonight. I'll snap some pics for you guys and post them later... I can't wait -- I am like a little freakin' kid at Christmas I am so excited!!

·
Registered
788 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
r1diculous, I am not sure to be honest as I am paying for the bike in full (not taking out financing on it)...

·
634 Posts
r1diculous said:
be careful not to let anyone steal your prized bike. vehicle thefts are very common in m'sia.
yeah i know, cheers mate. i'll be placing an alarm system as i did on my 2001 model. works wonders as it's really sensitive. at least not many m'sians drive utes like in ausie where they can conviniently pick up the bike with 2 or 3 ppl and be outta there in seconds.

·
What Does My No Plate Read??
20 Posts
sporescott
saw your write up, was pretty impressed by the description of the 04. any chances that if you happen to be going across the causeway for some rubber-burning, don't leave me out (will try my best to make it)! anyway enjoy your new toy!

·
Registered
788 Posts
heard that the 04 is really hot around the thighs cos engine temperature is significantly higher than previous models. Any comments?

·
Registered
207 Posts
I would have to say that, yes, the engine temperature of the '04 is noticeably hotter than my '01 -- especially during stop and go riding in the city/traffic. It's not unbearable -- but it is certainly warm. At highway cruising speeds I can't say I've noticed too much difference between the two bikes, though...

·
Registered
101 Posts
My 2002 Blue R1 Stolen

Stolen at Blk 180A Pasir Ris Street 11 Carpark at 2am.

Can everyone here help me to keep a look out.

Contact me anytime at 97891470.

This the only 2002 Blue R1 with Gold Folk all stock from factory in Singapore.

Pls help me.

Many thanks.

Attachments

341 - 360 of 382 Posts
About this Discussion
381 Replies
22 Participants
faizkj
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing