Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

361 - 380 of 382 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
derrwong, I am SO sorry to hear this... What a beautiful machine!! Was it taken from a multi-story car park at an HDB or was it parked outside somewhere? Aren't there cameras at HDB car parks? I am not sure if you read this in the paper a few days ago, but the police apparently broke-up (and arrested) a motorcycle theft ring here in Singapore. Maybe they had something to do with this -- either way, it might be worth asking the police about it... Do you have Comprehensive Cover (including Theft Insurance) on the bike? Man, I hope so... I ride every day and promise to keep my eyes open for you. Good luck!!

·
Registered
788 Posts
Re: My 2002 Blue R1 Stolen

derrwong said:
Stolen at Blk 180A Pasir Ris Street 11 Carpark at 2am.

Can everyone here help me to keep a look out.

Contact me anytime at 97891470.

This the only 2002 Blue R1 with Gold Folk all stock from factory in Singapore.

Pls help me.

Many thanks.
Sorry to hear that you lost your bike. there has been another blue 01 r1 stolen in bedok or pasir ris a few weeks back. P.S. it will be easier for us to spot your stolen bike if we know your plate number. :dunno I can't really tell the difference by looking at the side of your bike.

·
Registered
207 Posts
r1diculous, I guess you're right -- although I thought there were 3 tiers to motorcycle insurance here in Singapore:
1. Third-Party
2. Third-Party, Fire & Theft
3. Comprehensive

So -- if this is correct -- its possible derrwong only had Third-Party (without the Fire & Theft component)...

·
Registered
788 Posts
scott, i heard we can get direct TPFT policy for a brand new 04 R1 at roughly $1200 to $1300. But comprehensive (more than $2k) is always better if I have the dough :lol

·
Registered
88 Posts
derrwong said:
Thanks very one !!!

FV 381 M

Hp 97891470

Many Thanks.
Will help to look out for it.

How on earth did they managed to steal the bike? Do you have extra disk brake lock?

Cheers.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Far out... And nobody saw anything? I don't live in an HDB (so I am not sure about the security) but isn't there any type of guards or -- at the very least -- security cameras?

·
Registered
788 Posts
HDB "guards" are the neighbourhood policemen patrol in their cars, and they are not doing a great job in maintaining security and safety in the HDB heartland, IMHO. They are something like the police in the US, munching on doughnuts and drinking coffee and doing nothing else. Except in s'pore, I spot our local policemen buying prata and kopi-o and remain oblivious to our precious bikes being stolen. :lol

·
Registered
207 Posts
Just wondering if there was ever any luck with this, derrwong...? My fingers are crossed for you.

·
What Does My No Plate Read??
20 Posts
derrwong
not to be a wet blanket, but i'm not too optimistic about you recovering the bike, as the sporean thieves are smarter than you thought. they can illegally change the number plate, spray another color, and it turn out a different bike. so the idea of catching it on the road is highly unlikely.

sporescott
have you got your bile already? wanna join in for a mersing trip one of these days? it was a great experience the last time i went with FB666Y... you can't find that terrain in Spore!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Shawn, yes I do have my bike now... It's a dream!! I would love to join you guys for a Mersing run one day soon. My travel schedule is pretty fierce, but please do let me know the next time you plan one and I'll do my best to join you guys...

Re: derrwong's bike, you're probably right -- I was just hoping that (against all the odds) he might have recovered it.

·
20 Posts
sporescott
the earliest i can make it would be 9th june cos of my work and studies commitments. but in any case you like to give it a go, can always get FB666Y.. he's a mersing fanatic! he knows the streets A to Z, you don't need a map!

derrwong
hope you are insured by TPFT, and that you be riding soon! any news so far??

FB666Y
Don is looking to getting his SP2 friend to mersing on 12 Jun. a mixture of suzukis, yamahas n hondas that could totalled up to 6 bikes. it's a big crowd, i would say... you interested?? will need to confirm the date n time again.

·
20 Posts
shawn_foo said:
sporescott
the earliest i can make it would be 9th june cos of my work and studies commitments. but in any case you like to give it a go, can always get FB666Y.. he's a mersing fanatic! he knows the streets A to Z, you don't need a map!

derrwong
hope you are insured by TPFT, and that you be riding soon! any news so far??

FB666Y
Don is looking to getting his SP2 friend to mersing on 12 Jun. a mixture of suzukis, yamahas n hondas that could totalled up to 6 bikes. it's a big crowd, i would say... you interested?? will need to confirm the date n time again.

:fork

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, anyone know where i can buy Brembo spares in singapore? I'm looking for the Brembo clear tube. And any online store recommendation tat ship bikes accessories to singapore? Thanks! :)

361 - 380 of 382 Posts
About this Discussion
381 Replies
22 Participants
faizkj
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing