Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.
I've just done my first trackday on my 99 R1 and after 25,000 miles the rear shock is past its best! :dundun:

Ive found a rear shock from a smashed up 2007 R1 and was wondering will it bolt straight on to my 99 bike?
Cheers for your help
:fork

·
Forum Moderator
32,430 Posts
Welcome to the board and the addiction... dont think that 07 will fit your 99. Can you get your 99 shock rebuilt?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the welcome!
i'm already addicted after my first time and spending every last penny I have on tyres or making the bike better for the next time :2bitchsla

·
Life is GRAND
1,990 Posts
I'm pretty sure that won't work. Look into getting it rebuilt. Or better yet try to find an Ohlins cheap. Ebay or something. You can find them every once in a while.

Oh welcome to the board. Lots of helpful people here.

·
Life is GRAND
1,990 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the link!
I did the trackday at Oulton Park this Saturday with Focused events. Ended up one of the quickest in the novice group, overtaking people with my yellow bib on lol :2bitchsla

Here's some pics of my baby. On track is where the bike really comes alive, i used michelin pilot power 2CT tyres and even though it was only 2 degrees outside on saturday they warmed up and gripped a treat, highly recommended
anyway some pics:

And a Youtube clip or 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSgMuRHW3QM

and another one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYcL_-qhFN4

·
Forum Moderator
32,430 Posts
Nice bike.

·
Thread Killer
1,866 Posts
Nice pics/bike man! Welcome to the Forum!

·
Go in deeper come out faster
6,403 Posts
Nice bike...i love white and red!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Never been round oulton on a bike (loads of times in a car), cascades would scare the hell out of me!! I ought to do it though as i only live half an hour or so away.

NICE bike by the way.
Gomy

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cascades was my favourite corner, after the flat out kink to the right just before you really have to get on the anchors to make it around, didn't brake enough one time and had to take the escape road to the right :p

·
NeeD 4 SpeeD
5,441 Posts
rebuilding the chock aint worth the money. u can get a new shock for 50$
u can use the 02-03 R1 shock with no problem.(thats what i got on mine) or upgrade to ohlins...

·
The Goldenchild
4,451 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new addiction... You'll be like the rest of us soon; completely addicted, looking forward to the next TD, buying mods left and right, completely broke and still loving life!

·
Ginger's Pillar of Strength
801 Posts
Very nice!

I am looking for a similar mounting bracket for the exhaust as you have.
What pipe is that?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.