Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2008 YZF-R1 Raven
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the last helmet I owned was a Shoei RF 1200 on my 05 R1 for street use. I am thinking of trying something new and leaning toward the AGV K5S. I was a size small in the Shoei, would I be the same size in the AGV? Is the AGV helmet a good one? Better than RF 1200? What's your thoughts?

Thank you

·
Registered
52 Posts
Have you thrown on the AGV? Different helmet brands have different fits, so if it fits you better, change to it instead.
On a different note, I personally like the transition lens of the RF1200. I miss my last one (swapped to an Corsair X which doesn't have transitions), but the Arai does beat the Shoei out in comfort (for me at least).

·
Registered
2008 YZF-R1 Raven
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you thrown on the AGV? Different helmet brands have different fits, so if it fits you better, change to it instead.
On a different note, I personally like the transition lens of the RF1200. I miss my last one (swapped to an Corsair X which doesn't have transitions), but the Arai does beat the Shoei out in comfort (for me at least).
Thanks for your response and advice! I have just ordered a size sm and ms in K5s. We will see how it fits and send the other back. Revzilla is awesome with how easy returns work. I'll keep you posted. I heard from a geek on revzilla that they fit true to size and should be the same size most likely.

·
Registered
2008 YZF-R1 Raven
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can't speak for the AGV< but I bought an RF1200 Parameter on black friday back in 2018 and love it.
Ok so the K5s came in, tried on size MS and it fit perfect. Remember that I'm a SM in Shoei. So now you have an idea of size difference. I feel that the helmet is too heavy for me. My last motorcycle accident I hit my head against the passenger car door, messed up my back and neck. So I need something lighter. So I am returning the AGV and bought my RF 1200, which is much lighter and overall better helmet in my opinion. Just wish it had more of an aggressive look to it like AGV.

So that's the update. Mod, feel free to remove this chat. Thank you

1 - 6 of 6 Posts