Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Some misinformation here, the 2015s have quickshifters. I know, I have one! However, it’s only upshift.
Greg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, you can put an aftermarket quickshifter with upshift on pretty much any bike.

People said get the 18+ for the OEM quickshifter with auto-blip.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Of course, but I’m just trying to clarify any possible confusion by indicating that the 2015 R1 does include standard a quick shifter. It works perfectly. Frankly, I’d prefer to blip my own throttle and downshift manually, but that’s just me.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Of course, but I’m just trying to clarify any possible confusion by indicating that the 2015 R1 does include standard a quick shifter. It works perfectly. Frankly, I’d prefer to blip my own throttle and downshift manually, but that’s just me.
Right, but no one here said that the 2015 doesn't have a quickshifter. People stated that its the 18+ that has the auto-blip in reference to my question.

I noticed how the good the electronics are (quickshifter mainly) on a 2020 model and was wondering if a 2016 would be worse or about the same.

·
Registered
254 Posts
That's great to hear. I've seen a bunch of used 2020s with under 1k miles from dealerships. I'm guessing someone bought it and didn't like it stock. It happened a lot with the newest gen S1000 when it first released.
I want to say thanks to Brentuning for tuning of my Bike. I have a 2020 R1. I would say my bike was one of the first or the first in the U.S to be tuned. Everything they did on my bike is great. The bike runs better and with the full Akra and the 191 +hp makes a great difference. It has taken me approximately a month to write something up but in Mass has been raining a lot. I have been riding a lot in the past few days and every time I go out is a different experience. The acceleration and the HP is amazing.

Thanks again to Brentuning for all their hard work in getting the tuning done.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I am was looking at BT flash but I decided to wait on the FT flash, already have a power commander on it just because of the exhaust. Then Livengood should be able to go in adjust everything from there. Should make some good numbers I will let you guys know first when it happens. This is for my 2020 R1.

·
Horsepower whisperer
2022 Yamaha YZF-R1 60th WGP Anniversary Edition
1,829 Posts

Once you have auto blip downshifts it's hard to go back.
Love love LOVED it on my S1000RR. 🥰

·
Like The Rising Phoenix
2,835 Posts
Once you have auto blip downshifts it's hard to go back.
Love love LOVED it on my S1000RR. 🥰
this is no lie. i find myself wanting to ride my 2020 vs my 2005 more and more, and i use the auto blip downshift all the time. at first i thought it wouldn't make a difference and i wouldn't really use it. but its so fun and convenient

·
Lookin for the perfect R1
48 Posts
I dunno if you made a decision yet, but reading through this thread has helped me. The market is crazy right now...I'm looking at a modded (Yoshi Alpha exhaust, hotbodies turn signals, frame sliders, ceramic paint protection and color matched hugger) '18 w/ 6200 miles but in immaculate condition for $14k. I've really been back and forth about buying it but I think I'm just going to buy a new '21 Raven and put cash down to bring down the monthly payment. I'll have a little piece of mind that I am the first rider/owner of it and will take my time modding it. Too bad Taylormade went out of business...I think that exhaust would be sick on an R1. I had one on my matte black '16 CBR1000rr and ppl used to stop me to say how sick it looked with the carbon fiber fairing filler/cover.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
So I've been watching the market for a while. Any 2017+ R1 with decent miles (around 10k and under) was always above 15k. I've seen some clapped out bikes for as low as 12k-13. But honestly people are out of their minds. A 2015 R1 is technically a 7 year old bike at this point. And they want too much money for them, especially considering the mileage.

Then I found a 2020 with 1k miles at dealer for 16.2k out the door. So I went with that. It's stock so it will take another 2k for exhaust and flash and some other stuff.

It sucks that I can't ride it for another 1-2 months.

·
Horsepower whisperer
2022 Yamaha YZF-R1 60th WGP Anniversary Edition
1,829 Posts
Congratulations. Way to be patient. It paid off for ya. ✊

·
48 Posts
I ended up buying a new Ducati for a few thousand more (went V2 w/ dealer-installed mods- Akra exhaust, NRC tail tidy, sliders, carbon fiber bits, etc.). I'm not sure why the market down here (south Florida) is so saturated with R1's, but that was also a concern of mine. I'm guessing because the used market is so good for resale right now- but there is NO WAY I was paying $15-16K for a used bike when I could get a new bike for a few thousand more. Sucks because I've owned and loved a few R1's over the years...Lovin the Ducati so far tho. Took it apart and put it back together just to see how much of a pain the ass it's going to be and it wasn't that bad. Pretty much the same as the R1 in terms of difficulty. Very distinct sound like the R1, too. Welp...guess this is goodbye/see ya later folks. Keep it shiny side up! I may be back with a new R1 soon, too.

·
48 Posts
So I've been watching the market for a while. Any 2017+ R1 with decent miles (around 10k and under) was always above 15k. I've seen some clapped out bikes for as low as 12k-13. But honestly people are out of their minds. A 2015 R1 is technically a 7 year old bike at this point. And they want too much money for them, especially considering the mileage.

Then I found a 2020 with 1k miles at dealer for 16.2k out the door. So I went with that. It's stock so it will take another 2k for exhaust and flash and some other stuff.

It sucks that I can't ride it for another 1-2 months.
That's a great deal for a bike with such low mileage. Like Torchsport said, patience does pay off.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts