Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
just found this old thread and thought i'd share my setup with y'all. it's the tpx system from www.radarforbikes.com. yeah, i know i don't have a r1, but hopefully will upgrade soon.

this is a copy and paste of my post over at the r6 forum:

i have it set up with both the wireless headset and the visual alert. if you look at the first picture, you can see the visual alert right next to the shift light. the visual alert is way more visible than the shift light. the red leds are very bright and the brightness is adjustable. but if you were to choose either the headset or the visual alert i'd go with the headset. the volume is adjustable and there are different beeps for different band detected.

the mount works on two ball joints and you can adjust it so that it doesn't block the ignition or the gauges, and the set up is easy. the part that took the most time in setting up was to thread the wire underneath the tank. in the pictures you'll see that i haven't done so. i ended up threading the wire so that the end comes out at the very top of the tank, not on the side as shown in the pictures.

no complains, i highly recommend it.

·
Chickenstrip Inspector
2,006 Posts
I purchased the radar mount from the valentine website. I was thinking I would hardwire the unit but instead got another solo wireless detector. That mount sucks. I suggest one like pictured above. The solo is a nice detector though. Recommend the wireless light in the helmet because you won't notice when it goes off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
is valentine v1 radar detector leggal in EUROPE, can valentine detects all radars or radars in civilian vehicles?
which radar detector is best buy? 100% detection ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
ok tnx man but our shops are little pre-historic for this , only e-bay but thats too much complication for me , then i dont know where to euro upgrade it ( further upgrades ) and so much on...
i hope to see someday your roads, valentine v1 and drive on texas roads :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.