Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 02 R1 (blue and white) and my friend has an 03 R1 (liquid silver). When the bikes are sitting side by side mine is quite noticeably higher.

He sat on mine last night and he said it was definitely bigger. My bike stays at his house, so its been an ongoing debate.

Both of us have Metzler M1s, stock suspension setups and exhausts. The whole bike looks higher on my side.

Does anyone know of a difference in the 02s and 03s?

Marcus

·
Life is GRAND
1,992 Posts
I didn't think there was a size difference between the 2. Maybe I'm wrong though. Are they parked/leaned the same way??? Maybe his floor is seriuosly uneven or something:crash

·
it's only money........
1,262 Posts
Hot Rod R1 said:
:lol :lol They are the same in my book! :dunno
they are the same in the yamaha book as well. maybe the paint is making the weight difference.:D

yamajj:cool:

·
Off Topic mod
11,217 Posts
must be somethign on your end because my 02 is just like my friend's 03

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
He's 180 I'm 160.

Mine has less miles (2K) than his does (3K). I dont know what the hell it is.

Just standing them up side by side mine is taller. I think its the flux capacitor.

Its like the tail sticks up more on mine.

Marcus

·
6,235 Posts
you're both like match sticks. Go eat some burgers and then get back on your R1s.

Or maybe yo moma sat on your bike!

·
Beeeeeer!
9,542 Posts
They are the same, but sometimes shit happens.

When I picked up my new truck I had them take off those gay looking 4x4 stickers. Other than the 6 lug wheels you couldn't tell it from a 2 wheel drive.

·
Life is GRAND
1,992 Posts
GXRKLR said:
They are the same, but sometimes shit happens.

When I picked up my new truck I had them take off those gay looking 4x4 stickers. Other than the 6 lug wheels you couldn't tell it from a 2 wheel drive.
Not true the 4x4 version of the truck should sit higher than the 2 wheeled drive version. Hey maybe that's it. Your R1 must be 4 wheeled, I mean 2 wheel drive :crash :no

·
GO CHIEFS!!!
6,870 Posts
Weird.... Has to be something to do with perception.... Are they different colors??

- BA

·
WFSR************
5,352 Posts
Hot Rod R1 said:
Here's mine a Brooke's bikes i guess the color could make the silver one look a little larger. :rant
ok I work for one of the famous art galleries in NYC....the diference is where the photo is taken from....if you were to stand between the two bikes and take the photo you would see that there is no difference....of course you knew this before I told you......:butt

1 - 20 of 24 Posts