Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning on getting clip-on risers, but can't seem to find the correct size for 2020 R1.
50mm?
Also for the raise, what would be max possible...1.5", 2"?

·
Registered
2020 R1M
4 Posts
Planning on getting clip-on risers, but can't seem to find the correct size for 2020 R1.
50mm?
Have you looked at Helibars? Just had them installed on my 2020 and they make a huge difference. The location of the bars is 1.58" up, 1" back and the angle is much more comfortable on your wrists. You wouldn't know they weren't stock if you didn't know what to look for and they're really well made. Check them out here: Yamaha - Yamaha YZF R1 - HeliBars

·
Premium Member
11,795 Posts
Have you looked at Helibars? Just had them installed on my 2020 and they make a huge difference. The location of the bars is 1.58" up, 1" back and the angle is much more comfortable on your wrists. You wouldn't know they weren't stock if you didn't know what to look for and they're really well made. Check them out here: Yamaha - Yamaha YZF R1 - HeliBars
If your having wrist pain, then you’re doing something wrong.

·
Registered
2020 R1M
4 Posts
If your having wrist pain, then you’re doing something wrong.

Thanks, I appreciate the link to the video. Did you watch it? The first thing Dave recommends is changing your bars to get the correct angle for your wrists. I don't think he's saying rotate your hands to get a better position, he's saying, in his case, he had to change his bars because he couldn't maintain a proper grip on the bars. If he rotated his hands to get the right angle on his wrists, he loses grip on the bars and creates a pressure point on his hands. The M bars are pinned, and in no way adjustable so I changed them to get better angles. Some things can be changed with technique and training; sometimes an equipment change is required.

·
Premium Member
11,795 Posts
Thanks, I appreciate the link to the video. Did you watch it? The first thing Dave recommends is changing your bars to get the correct angle for your wrists. I don't think he's saying rotate your hands to get a better position, he's saying, in his case, he had to change his bars because he couldn't maintain a proper grip on the bars. If he rotated his hands to get the right angle on his wrists, he loses grip on the bars and creates a pressure point on his hands. The M bars are pinned, and in no way adjustable so I changed them to get better angles. Some things can be changed with technique and training; sometimes an equipment change is required.
I’ve watched both those videos several times.

What he is referring to is rotating them outward; not upward like risers. He also states coming at the bars straight on when reaching for them.

If you are slouching with your hands on the clip-ons, then you will have the dip in your wrist. This is the improper way to hold the clip-ons. He’s stating to rotate clip-ons outward.

Not trying to knock the risers. I’m just provide you with a video from an expert in this field.

·
Crash OverRide
1,328 Posts
I was going with the woodcrafts 1.5 risers on the 2020, but they don’t fit even with the 10mm spacers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Really appreciate it! Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was going with the woodcrafts 1.5 risers on the 2020, but they don’t fit even with the 10mm spacers.
Hey, thanks for that post.
I am getting my 2020 (race track only) setup and wondered what you meant by the 10mm spacer?
Or a pic.
I am about to order clip ons since they are necessary for mounting the Deion device.

Thanks!

·
Crash OverRide
1,328 Posts
You will just have to order clip ons with no rise, ie standard clip ons, otherwise it just won’t fit at all. The clearance is tight no matter what you do.

·
Crash OverRide
1,328 Posts
The spacers moved the bars forward 10mm to move them past the top fork clamp.

·
Registered
2017 R1M
558 Posts
50mm?
I put the heli bars on my 17R1m made a huge difference.
almost 20,000 miles on it. I only ride street and a lot of it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts