Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
R1 Dominates
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I slow speed hi-sided and basically the sliders didnt do much and that being said i had on frame sliders, graves clutchslider and rear axle sliders. after 1700 bucks of damage i decided to go with militant moto barrier bars, easy install and i like that it mounts to two separt points not to mention dispersing energy across the lenght of the bar.

get rid of your sliders there practically useless but i guess they are better than nothing

·
Born Again Patriot
4,232 Posts
Tell that to BurnZ...

·
Not every man really lives
3,263 Posts
Not sure what all your damage entailed to, but you have to understand they are frame sliders, nothing more. Bike will always endure some damage and depending on the fall may endure more than another. Pics of all the damage and how the sliders ended up would be helpful in showing us just how useless they all were.

·
Registered
749 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,930 Posts
They are called frame sliders because they protect the FRAME from receiving damage, not your fairings dumbass! :fact

·
kickin' at the darkness
10,083 Posts
They are called frame sliders because they protect the FRAME from receiving damage, not your fairings dumbass! :fact
:saw:

:drunk:

so not even my upper cowling is safe!!??? damnit... :argue:rant

·
Registered
388 Posts
I also thought close to that.. Frame SLIDERS. I'd think a high side would be more of a slam.

They're good for accidentally dropping in garage or similar. Ain't a crash cage

·
look for special phrase here
9,923 Posts
i've got 2 fast speed low sides on my sliders and total cost of both crashes was $44 for 2 sliders and a windscreen. not only did they magically protect my fairings (something they were not designed to do) but they protected the frame just fine. a high side is a totally different animal. there's no stopping damage for something like that :no

·
4,183 Posts
SON OF A B**CH!!!!! I just rear ended another truck doing 90 mph and this stupid bumper didn't do a thing! What's the point of having these anyway!!!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Did this turn into a OP bashing thread?

Try not wrecking... Usually don't have damage that way

·
ROWDY
12,170 Posts
My experience with sliders have been very positive! I think that it quite possibly saved me from a broken leg. when I low sided my GSXR into a road ditch, The bike came down hard and my left leg was still under it. When the action stopped I was in a six foot deep ditch with my leg under the bike and the swinger sitting on my foot!.But the sliders were holding it up off the leg. All I got was a sore toe.:lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts