Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday spent day at my boys shop and had my bike on the dyno tuning it and did an oil change and placed back on dyno a few times just seeing if I can squeeze a pony here or there out and running Motul 300v 10w40 live in NY and hot summer humid days been mid 90’s and heat kills HP Anyways point I’m making today to help is my 2007 R1 made the most HP with Motul 300v 10w40 ran it with Amsoil also but Motul gave me the highest Rear Wheel HP reading! In fact the most horsepower was running the Oil level millimeters below middle of the sight glass when filled to the top was lowest HP reading and I am being a picky MotaFuca and below middle sight gave me the most with still having plenty to protect motor if I run the oil low sure I get a pony or 2 more but motor will be shot so running just slightly below the middle worked best for my bike And it’s modified to the balls and without my nitros it is still a nasty ride best my boys 2018 yesterday 4 out of the 5 times best run I beat him and Walked him inch by inch at top speed and pull more mid range HP than his 2018 the 2007 motor if modified correctly and you can ride like a beast you won’t lose to many bikes out there from dead stop or 5 mph role so I hope this helps someone about oil level in there 2007 r1 the newer motor doesn’t like the same oil level my boys bike like it just touching the top line his dyno showed us that. Good luck and God Bless and remember when you Ride the people home want you home safe so ride hard but don’t ride past your ability because then you will die or be living in a bed ur whole life be safe have fun!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts