Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys new to this forum. Ive got a few questions that needs an intro so plz bare with me.
I recently got a 2016 r1m everything was smooth at the beginning and the bike performed amazingly. Then i started modifying so i got myself a full sytem titanium arrow with sprint airfilter and flashed the ecu.
I tested the bike after that and it was crazy however i needed to change my tire. I changed to a pirelli rosso 3. 3 days into changing the tire i started feeling the rear tire slipping at high rpm (or when throttle is almost full). Its not a full slip but feels like a tuttering slip.
Im quite not sure is it the tire slipping or the sprokets being worn out or is it the clutch slipping or is it the traction control
(Even though i tried the same at different traction modes) ?
I dont really no but the performance will deffinitely drop with this.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
did you check your chain tension? they usually have to be really bad for it to skip a link and something usually breaks. could be the clutch but when the clutch goes it usually jumps up rpm till you let off the throttle a bit then it comes back down and locks up again. is it happening in all gear or just certain ones? is the wheel lifting off the ground? how many kilometres not the bike? could you be mistaking a misfire for a slip?

·
kickin' at the darkness
10,169 Posts
oem sprockets then? still oem chain i presume?

chain/sprocket alignment issues can cause this 'feeling'..

hard to know whats really going on as you cant watch the rear tire while you ride eh? :lol

you flashed the ecu, have you tuned the bike after said work?

oh, wait.. do tire changes require you guys to re-calibrate wheel sensors for TC?

i would assume if the tire profile difference is big enough things may look a little odd to the system.. no experience on this

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello guys sorry for the late response. But just for upcoming issues woth other r1ers. The problem was the chain tension it was a bit slacking. After tightening the chain the problem was solved and no slipping was felt.

Thank @andrewstclair and @bacchus40

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello guys sorry for the late response. But just for upcoming issues woth other r1ers. The problem was the chain tension it was a bit slacking. After tightening the chain the problem was solved and no slipping was felt.

Thank @andrewstclair and @bacchus40

1 - 6 of 6 Posts