Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just picked up a two brothers carbon c2 highmount slip-on and had planned on getting my local bike mechanic to do it but having looked at the instructions is seems too simple to pay for. one question though, when they say put a bead of heat sealant around the edge of the connecting pipe before sliding it into the cannister, how much sealant are we talking? can you have too much as long as you wipe of any excess?

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
do it yourself... you will save $$ and learn about your bike at the same time - just follow the instructions

and IMHO put the sealant INTO the muffler inlet and slide the midpipe in - that way the excess doenst smear onto the shiney new pipe... bead should be no bigger then the diameter of a pencil

·
Powered By YamahaR1 Technology
2,340 Posts
VinR1 said:
do it yourself... you will save $$ and learn about your bike at the same time - just follow the instructions

and IMHO put the sealant INTO the muffler inlet and slide the midpipe in - that way the excess doenst smear onto the shiney new pipe... bead should be no bigger then the diameter of a pencil
thats a really good tip..

i should be recieving my Black Widow tomorrow.. hopefully..

wednesday they said they were shipping it 3day air.. and it didnt come friday or saturday so that leaves monday..

anyways.. thats for a thread all of its own...

as far as installing a slip on..

would you recomend removing the lower plastic? i havent really looked at it.. the farthest i got to removing the bike plastic was
to install my greggs and i didnt even completly remove them completly.. not sure about the lower though..

lemme know..

IXI

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
it will be tight, but you should be able to install the slip on with the lowers still on the bike

If it was me, however, Id remove them to make the install easier and to keep from scratching the plastics

·
Cuz i Can
334 Posts
my slip on was the first thing I could do myself it is so easy, but just incase I had a friend over to show me what was up. It seriously took 20 min and I took of the lowers and did an oil change at the same time.

·