Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
:)
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys... hope everyone had a good christmas and a soon to be new year.

i have a slip on question. i am considering getting a slip on purely for sound reasons, not performance. being a novice rider, increased performance is not needed (atleast as of yet). i would like suggestions on relatively inexpensive slip ons, since there are a lot of slip ons out there. i would prefer to not have to jet my bike in order to add this slip on. are there any slip ons that don't require this that are in the yoshimura slip on price range? i don't necessarily need anything much louder, just a more agressive sound. also, what can i get out of my stock '00 can which is in perfect condition with approx. 640 miles on it?

thanks in advance......

·
Nightmare About to Come True
1,894 Posts
The Yosh is a good can,if you like that one and are going for nothing but sound....go with it. As far as the stock can goes,as much as I hate to say it it is hard to give those things away. Mine has 0 miles on it and it is a paper weight.

·
:)
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the advice...... would the yoshi require "jetting the bike" or is it literally plug and play?

i as for the stock can, i was afraid of that, but not surprised. none the less, it makes one bad a$$ paper weight...... :rock ha ha.

·
Nightmare About to Come True
1,894 Posts
In all reality you should jet the bike with any slip on or exhaust change......but I have a slip on and all I did was shim the needles and turn out the mixture screws to 4 turns and all is well. Do not attempt this if you do not have mechanical abilities

1 - 4 of 4 Posts