Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· MY R1 ATE THE BANK!
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finaly got round to fitting the STM Slipper see the pics and i will answer your questions (if i can ):beer :beer

Attachments

· MY R1 ATE THE BANK!
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
next:beer after instalation thier is a very slight bit of chatter fom the cluch as you pull in the lever which goes away if you keep the lever in all iss queit whilst the motor is running PDQ the supplying dealer tells us this is normal VAHKAN wot do you think ???:beer :beer

Attachments

· Registered
1,670 Posts
chuckh said:
next:beer after instalation thier is a very slight bit of chatter fom the cluch as you pull in the lever which goes away if you keep the lever in all iss queit whilst the motor is running PDQ the supplying dealer tells us this is normal VAHKAN wot do you think ???:beer :beer

Salut chuckh :thumbup Very nice indeed. the chatter is normal. i need to know if u changed the friction plates or clutch plates? (i mean brand new ones from yamaha since STM don't supply any for it)

· Cheating death in the "D"
21,182 Posts
chuckh said:
Finaly got round to fitting the STM Slipper see the pics and i will answer your questions (if i can ):beer :beer
That ought to be good for an extra second a lap :yesnod

And a healthy weight reduction in the wallet :lol

Excellent setup Chuck :thumbup

Whats that bikes RWHP numbers compared to your big bike?

· MY R1 ATE THE BANK!
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
BLUR thanks mate thats what i wanted to hear !!!

VAHAKN cheers mate !!! we used the original plates they were well within the specified tollerances !! probably because the bike has only done 1100 miles from new ( i ran it in at the Nurbergring)

RON horsepower on this bike is not anywhere near the other bike engine / power mods are restricted to a pc3r full akrapovic carefull dialing in of the cams and air filter id say around 145 at the wheell

PJM together with the other mods on this bike it should put in good times it also has a quick shifter to aid lap times together with PFM superbike brakes full maxton suspension ect ect
:beer :beer :beer THANKS ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!:beer :beer :beer

· Registered
1,670 Posts
chuckh said:
BLUR thanks mate thats what i wanted to hear !!!

VAHAKN cheers mate !!! we used the original plates they were well within the specified tollerances !! probably because the bike has only done 1100 miles from new ( i ran it in at the Nurbergring)

RON horsepower on this bike is not anywhere near the other bike engine / power mods are restricted to a pc3r full akrapovic carefull dialing in of the cams and air filter id say around 145 at the wheell

PJM together with the other mods on this bike it should put in good times it also has a quick shifter to aid lap times together with PFM superbike brakes full maxton suspension ect ect
:beer :beer :beer THANKS ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!:beer :beer :beer
No worries mate. just a word of advice, make sure u blip the throttle at the correct rev range when down shifting, since u will get used to the carefree downshifting method very soon and might damage the gears without realising. oh man prepare ur self for the best trackdays to come hahaha.........:rock

· wheres the aux rev limiter?
880 Posts
nice install pics ChuckH, thanks for the info , been looking at the STM's for a bit now.

· SpidermanSS killer.
1,261 Posts
Vahakn said:
hey chuckh, please tell me that's not what i think it is. what angle does the stand hold the bike in? is it me or it's the angle of the bike that shows there is too much oil in the sump?
it almost looks like there is no glass at all.

· Banned
31,992 Posts
Vahakn said:
No worries mate. just a word of advice, make sure u blip the throttle at the correct rev range when down shifting, since u will get used to the carefree downshifting method very soon and might damage the gears without realising. oh man prepare ur self for the best trackdays to come hahaha.........:rock
not true about downshifting:fact you DONT need to blip at all. what do you think the slipper clutch does? the only thing to suffer is clutch plate wear. mine has done 4 track days and one dragracing day and plenty of hard downshifting on the street and my plates were 20,000 kms old when i installed them, some 4000 kms ago and are still faultless. if anything it feels softer on the gear changes.:thumbup

· Registered
1,670 Posts
i always
blur1 said:
not true about downshifting:fact you DONT need to blip at all. what do you think the slipper clutch does? the only thing to suffer is clutch plate wear. mine has done 4 track days and one dragracing day and plenty of hard downshifting on the street and my plates were 20,000 kms old when i installed them, some 4000 kms ago and are still faultless. if anything it feels softer on the gear changes.:thumbup

well then, double the fun :yesnod i always blip, just in case, since the slipperclutch is supposed to help u control the rear tire from locking up, it does have some effect on the gear mesh but does not specifically target that task.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.