Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Slipper clutch question

I need to install a slipper clutch to my R1 04, but i see in the book that comes different kind of CLUTCH DIAPHRAGM PRIMARY & SECONDARY SPRINGS why i need to now about it ? DOes my weight affect ? The factory Friction plates and disc works or i need a better clutches? ,Any sugestion :dundun:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the thread 1hander ,Any body have something of my uqestion ?

·
The Patient
1,643 Posts
your weight affects nothing, your stock slutch pack will work just fine, the coil springs are the for the pressure plate and the other spring is for the slipper effect, a stiffer spring gives you less slip, and likewise

which slipper are you using

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
your weight affects nothing, your stock slutch pack will work just fine, the coil springs are the for the pressure plate and the other spring is for the slipper effect, a stiffer spring gives you less slip, and likewise

which slipper are you using
Right now im looking for the best ... and cheap price i read about Hinson.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
those are expensive ---- i havent had any trouble with the yoyodyne, has 9 trackdays and lots of street riding, i think they go for around 7 or 800.00 bucks
Well i ask because i have a Store that gave me the parts at the cost for sponsor them in my bike at the track ....and on December we race again...and i need to :lhumper: others

·
Moderator - In Memorium
24,167 Posts
Not trying to thread jack, but has anyone priced out the Yamaha parts from the LE?

·
Local Pavement Ripper
1,669 Posts
I ran an STM on my 02 R1 and a Yoyodyne on my 04 R6. Both worked fine. I had more seat time on my R6, I was also faster on it, so I think I had more feedback with the Yoyodyne. I've talked to Rob Hinson about his slippers, and was very interested in trying one on my 06 R1. I would honestly get whichever one was cheaper, because I don't think you would be disappointed with any of them.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sweet, sponsorship is always cool, if they want to advertise, then they should give you free clutch, screw that ---- advertising is expensive
Man sponsor in Puerto RIco is very difficult the best that i found is cost in parts ,and is a better than nothing ,

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I ran an STM on my 02 R1 and a Yoyodyne on my 04 R6. Both worked fine. I had more seat time on my R6, I was also faster on it, so I think I had more feedback with the Yoyodyne. I've talked to Rob Hinson about his slippers, and was very interested in trying one on my 06 R1. I would honestly get whichever one was cheaper, because I don't think you would be disappointed with any of them.
Well i need to find more info ,thanks for the feedback.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.